Chapter 8: "Hooded Friends"

[ • • • ]

Tari: *Wailing* I'm very soaked with water.

Meggy: *Trying to wring her clothes* And whose fault do you think is?.

Tari: *Looks away* Anyway... In the end it worked!.

Meggy: Did it work? I'd say we almost killed ourselves up there.

Meggy and Tari were separated from Mario and Luigi when they fell into the water. Meggy and Tari are under a nearby bridge because dizziness dragged them to that place... Mario and Luigi's whereabouts are a mystery.

Tari: *Sneezes* I-I'm cold.

Meggy: *Takes off the accessories from her head* We have to find another place to sleep or rest... Tari..

Tari: What?.

Meggy: Does your arm have a watch or something that tells us the time?.

Tari: *Opens the panel of her cybernetic arm* It is 10:48 P.M.

Meggy: *Doubtful* Tari... Is your cybernetic arm not damaged when it gets wet?.

Tari: No, my arm is watery but it doesn't work against fire.

Meggy: *Sighs* I understand... For now, let's go somewhere else... On second thought, the police must be looking for us everywhere right now... I hope they don't catch Mario and Luigi or we would be doomed.

Tari: *Modifying some settings of her cybernetic arm* Hmmmm...

Meggy: *Diverts her attention in the city* Tari!!.

Tari: *Busy with her cybernetic arm* What?.

Meggy: *Knocks Tari down to the ground and whispers* If you don't stay quiet, they will capture us.

Tari: *Looks around and sees police who come to investigate where they are* Oh no.

Meggy quickly drags Tari behind a wall that is behind the bridge but the police kept advancing and just when they were going to discover them, a specialized team in black suits (they are three people) arrives and knocks out the police, leaving them unconscious.

Meggy: *Serious and whispers to Tari* Who are they?.

Tari: *Whispers* No idea.

Tari analyzes the situation in a moment and perceives that the vast majority of the area is crowded with police.

Tari: *Grabs Meggy's hand* Meggy, we have to fight those three and we can go to the city.