Calen and I

Calen is someone who I met during my freshman year at high school. And I hated him with a burning passion. Why you might ask? Well I can't remember to save my life but I know I did. I met Calen during our band class. He was a little late to the party but nonetheless was there and there to stay. Now as I said my freshmen year I didn't like him all that much until the end of the year we hung out a little more and became friends. Our sophomore year we would be in pit together and would go on several band trips.

I don't remember anything interesting that happened while we hung out but nonetheless he was a good friend and when I was down he was there to help me... or laugh it depends. By the end of our sophomore year I saw Calen more and more as a brother. During our junior year of band camp he tried to help me get a girlfriend. This girl I liked messaged him and he messaged her back saying "Aye yo you should date my boy Joseph'' it didn't work obviously. During our senior year we started to hang out a little more. After school before practice we would hang out on this little balcony the school had and every now and then we would go to QFC and play music there in the parking lot.

Eventually when our graduation came around Calen and I decided we should walk together at graduation, which we did... almost. Calen's aunt was coming to the graduation but on her way up the stairs to the school she fell and broke her ankle. So she had to go to the hospital and Calen had to go with and since it was after he got his diploma he left. People thought it was a little weird that I walked out alone but once I told them what happened they understood. About a week after graduation Calen threw a graduation party which I went too and hung out with him and his girlfriend now wife Sarah, along with a few other friends.

Another pretty crazy time we hung out was at his surprise birthday party that Sarah had planned for him. I knew it was happening and Sarah asked if I wanted to show up and of course I did. I was running a little late because I had to stop to get Calen a "present" all I got for him was a Monster energy drink. Not the best gift but he didn't care. Anyway I arrived at his place and of course he knows what my car looks like but there wasn't much I could do about it because Calen was just about there. Oh the surprise party was at his house by the way.

Anyway I ran in and we waited for Calen to arrive. When he did he walked in through the front door where Sarah, I and others were waiting to surprise him. We all yelled surprise and Calen's reaction was to look at us and say "Oh" in a very calm manner. He said he was tired so that didn't help much, then I gave him the Monster. Anyway we hung out at his place then towards the end of the day Sarah needed to head home and since Calen was gonna be coming with me to spend the night at my place I opted to take Sarah home.

So that's exactly what I did and I guess I could mention Calen thought it best to flip off the truck driver who was on my ass with his high beams on. Anyway we dropped Sarah off and headed back to my place. It was a long car ride in which we blasted music and made stupid jokes. Once we got home we played some games made some more stupid jokes then watched Murder On The Orient Express. After the movie was over I recommended that we went to sleep but Calen just would not go to bed.

He kept knocking on my brother's door and whispering "brother" like Hulk Hogan, at the door. There's a little back story behind the "brother" thing but we'll try to get to that in a later chapter if I can remember. Another thing, I gave him my phone and we had this dumb idea that if Calen changed my Facebook account into him like his name and everything, then Darby would start messaging him. Of course it worked and we found this funny for some reason.

So for maybe 2 hours at like 12 AM we were both messaging Darby just saying "Brother" or sending voice messages that just say "Don't hate me brother" or something dumb like that. Eventually when I was starting to fall asleep Calen got up, went to my bed and got right next to my ear and whispered "Brother" very quietly into my ear. Now of course since I was slipping off into sleep this scared the shit out of me and I jumped up. And I just look at Calen and he's just fucking losing it laughing so hard. Finally after like another hour we both went to sleep.

In the morning I took Calen home, helped him feed his birds and then went home. As of now that was the last time I saw him, then one day out of nowhere Calen messages me. He asked me if I could be his best man at his wedding, to which I said "Hell yes!" I thought it would be an honor to be the best man. Sadly at the time the wedding was originally going to happen COVID19 was a thing so quarantine was going on and the wedding kept getting pushed back. Eventually they had a family only wedding, and yet even though I wasn't there I cried. I could only congratulate them over messenger.

Now some quick facts about Calen and I. Calen dislocated my shoulder and punched back in and everything was fine. Calen got me motivated to start working out my senior year and so we worked out together after school, it was short lived however. Calen and Sarah started dating our sophomore year but I didn't even know they were dating until our junior year. Calen and I once shot a YouTube video together but the audio was crap and you couldn't hear what we were saying so I never posted it. Soon after moving to a new place and riding a new bus I learned Calen and I rode the same one so I would sit back with him and his friends every now and then.

One day while we were both riding the bus, the bus driver told Calen that if there was something he needed to say he would have to say it into the speaker. So Calen got up, walked to the front of the bus, took the speaker and said "Yo I want you to subscribe to my boy MrDozGaming, k thanks" and then sat back down.