Dillan and I

Dillan and I met my freshmen year and quickly became friends. As to why, well I can't remember but we were friends nonetheless. We had our own thing where whenever we saw each other we would do things like this finger gun thing and click with our mouths. Why? I don't know but we did it anyway. Some people laughed at it but I didn't really care.

Dillan wasn't much of a talker so I didn't know much about him other than he played the Tuba, and he was a junior. We also usually hung out at band concerts and what not as well as lunch during school. This one time I was sitting at a table with Dillan and some of our other friends and Dillan at the time was trying to sell chocolate for something to do with school. So naturally I bought a round of chocolate for myself and everyone at the table. And yes I might have done that just to impress a girl who was sitting there.

Anyway during my sophomore year Dillan got himself a girlfriend and I pretty much as always was third wheeling because I had nothing better to do. Shortly after his graduation he invited me to his place for a graduation party, a couple months later he invited me to his birthday party. So in return I did the same. I invited him and his girlfriend and a few other friends. We hung out at the pier and they helped me get over my fear of water somewhat. I would occasionally see Dillan at some football games and concerts.

This one time Dillan invited me over to his place around winter time and we hung out there for a little bit and then Dillan, his sister and I along with a few others went bowling... lost of course I couldn't get a strike to save my life. However at one point I threw the ball and as I saw it going towards the edge I started to walk away thinking the ball was gonna fall off and not hit anything. As I walked away I saw Dillan and his friend's with this face of shock. I turned back around to see that the ball somehow managed to knock over all the pins. That was the only strike I got that whole night.

The biggest thing we did was on Memorial day weekend Dillan asked me if I wanted to go camping at a place his family called Fish Lake, which is kind of ironic because I fished there and there were no fish. We were about 15 minutes just outside of Leavenworth so after the first day of camping we headed into town saw some sites and got ice cream. And of course Dillan's parents bought themselves some drinks. After three days of camping we headed home.

The next time I remember seeing Dillan was on my 18th birthday when I took him and two other friends to a Mexican restaurant in Belfair. While that was the last I saw of him in person I actually saw his mom not too long ago. Dillan and I still message each other on occasion. Now time for some quick facts about Dillan and I. While camping our tent zipper broke and a bunch of mosquitoes got in and ate me alive, Dillan was unharmed though. During my sophomore year Dillan's then girlfriend said I was their son and my name was Phil.