Darby and I

Darby and I met during band my 6th grade year although I didn't really start talking to her until the end of the year. Now I knew her all throughout middle school, however during our sophomore year she told me she forgot I was even there in middle school, so you know that's cool. But anyway we hung out every now and then she even taught me how to get good at the tenors. Most of the times we hung out she would usually just roast me.

We would both go on to do band in high school. She would be in the battery while I would be in the pit. It seems like we started to talk a little more and more. Our sophomore year we were in the same drivers Ed class. For her birthday I got her snickerdoodle cookies which are her favorite.

During one of our Christmas concerts she asked me if Mr. D. looked a bit like Santa Claus to which I said "Let's find out, hey Mr. D.!" and Darby said "Joseph no." but I continued "Did anyone ever tell you that you look a bit like Santa Claus?" Mr. D. just smiled and walked away. Darby hit my shoulder though. When our graduation rolled around I asked her if she wanted to be walking buddies but she already had one. Anyway we graduated together and went our separate ways for a bit.

The next time I saw Darby was at this canceled dinner party in Allyn. I made a plan for the senior year percussionist to get together and have dinner along with Mr. D. but only Darby and I showed up. Still we waited for a bit and showed off our vehicles to each other. The next time we saw each other was in Belfair during winter. A parade was going on so Caleb, Khy, Darby and I went to this restaurant there in Belfair and ate together.

That would be the last time I saw her in person, still I made attempts such as asking her to be my plus one at Calen's wedding. It's been awhile since we talked but I'm pretty sure she's working two jobs so I can't blame her for that. Now for some quick facts about Darby and I. I had a huge crush on Darby throughout middle school. While Darby had quit band towards the end of our senior year she still showed me up once on the tenors.

Darby was part of a short lived podcast series I was going to do.