1) cuore rosso | i

"Boring~" the Donna sighed, playing with the pen in her grasp. After signing batches of paperwork, she suddenly contemplated her role. "Emilia, I wanna quit!" she complained as she thumped the table.

The woman in return didn't even spare an eye. "Mhm, yeah, yeah. That's the tenth time you said it." She quickly added up, "Also, stop using our real names in the office."

Chocolat, or Joni retorted. "Nobody's coming and the whole room is soundproof and wholly locked. So there's no problem." Emilia ignored her, instead kept her eyes steady on her laptop.  Completely focused to the point that she didn't notice Joni was already behind her. She yelped as a whisper rung near into her ears. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, I'm–" a deep breath, "–just checking our famiglia analysis." She hit Joni's head, earning a short cry of pain. "Stop whispering too near, it's annoying, idiot."

Joni whined. "That's hurt. Mia, do something!"

She just chuckled at their antics. Didn't bother to say anything because either way they'll find another way to argue.

Huff. "Backstabber."

Mia's smile remained plastered on her face, amused. "Ah anyways," she changed the topic, gaining their attention. "I've already gotten the news from Cero. He arranged a seat for us to the auction held by Cuore Rosso famiglia next week. Whose turn is it?"

"Chocolat's." Emilia quickly replied.

"That's foul play, Vanilla. Hadn't I already played pretend literally a week ago? Give me a break!"

"You're the only one who's free."

"Mia?" Joni inquired, hopeful.

"My schedule is full too, sorry." She answered with a sheepish laugh.

Joni sighed. "Alright, I'll go. Where's the address again?" Showing up as Dolce Primo required carefulness and yet needs to act carefree, something that only Joni can pull off. Emilia smiled.

"I'll send it to you later."

===

"Here's the details."

Steve looked up, facing his superior. "For what?" he asked, tone incredulous.

"Your next job. Refer to the papers again before asking me anything," he said flatly. "Next week. I'm expecting only good news from you." He put several documents on Steve's desk and then got out.

He sighed before he proceeded with reading the details. Is this another single-person investigation again? Damn that man, always showing all the hard works down into his throat and not even helping!

"Illegal wildlife auction. Mafia. Cuore Rosso, that sounds familiar. Mhm yeah, my expertise," he murmured. Another case involving the underground again. Last time he involved himself in this kind of investigation, he ended up with a bullet wound after barely escaping.

"Seriously, give me a break."

=====

Will they meet in the next chapter? Probably.

Also the updates will be rlly short but I'll try to make them frequent :)