4) sofia

Very short, this is just her introduction. Also be warned, language is a lot vulgar/strong than before. I'm tired of trying to come out with family-friendly alternatives.

===

Put your red dress on
Put your lipstick on
Sing your song, song
Now, the camera's on
And you're alive again

Carmen
Lana del Rey

===

Just a little more, and you're ready to go. Sofia applied red to her lips, fiery, bright. That's it. Looks decent enough, perhaps.

She stood up as she finished donning herself. Make-up, costume, appeals— all perfect, as her image should be. The Amarantha Don's only wife. Or more accurately, pretend wife.

What's wrong with that? She got paid pretty well and the treatment was quite nice. Sure, sure Richard treated her like an asshole sometimes but then again, they aren't lovers, to begin with. Only childhood friends. Then Sofia began to learn more about him and entangle herself in this situation.

("Really, a pretend wife?" She questioned, both amused and confused.

Richard shifted his position. With a sigh, "Yes, only for two years. Please, Sofia?" Begging, but not really. He knew, either way, she won't refuse.

And he's right.)

"Ready to go, princess?" Richard extended his hand for Sofia which she just accepted. The stage is on, and she's the leading actress.

She replied her script, "Of course." Smiling oh-so-brightly, the clueless audience won't realise the truth.

Only two months more, then she will be set free from the contract.

===

(It's not like she hated him or anything. Hell, she won't be playing along if that's true! But then again somehow she hoped that it was the actual case. T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶-̶s̶i̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶n̶f̶u̶l̶.̶)

===

"Mia, don't you miss Sofia?" Joni asked so suddenly, causing the poor woman to splutter in embarrassment.

She rubbed her face, now dyed in red. "Why so sudden?" She coughed, trying to cover up. Eventually, Mia's face return to her usual expression.

"Well~" Joni stretched her arms out. She'd been marking all the paperwork for two nights straight. Not the worse she'd ever experienced but still, it was a feat. "I heard that she'll be going to the piano genius— what's his name again? Michael? Mike? Something like that," she stopped a moment before continuing, "with Richard, of course."

Both of them were no strangers to Richard and Sofia's little act. (But Mia also knew that even though they were just 'pretending', the hidden feelings are mutual. She's not that dense, contrary to expectations.)

As much as Mia wanted to go, she can't. For various reasons. "I'm not going, I think." Excuses, excuses. "It overlaps with my fashion show."

Joni blinked. "I haven't told you the date yet though...?"

Ah shit.

===

Writing block is a huge bitch tbh  •́  ‿ ,•̀

I tried writing Joni but it got too serious to the point beyond fixing. I dunno how to write anymore,,

They're childhood friends, there will be a lot of actually not unrequited love and pinings. Also clueless dumbasses.

And yea Mia had a little crush on Sofia here, not main though.