Chapter 1: Getting Up in the Morning is What Makes Me Cry at Night

marinette's POV

I feel the butterfly nearby. I can sense it. I know I should stay calm, but enough is enough. I want it to get me. I want to be akumatized. To let the pain end.

8 hours earlier

I wake up. My alarm is ringing, just like always.
"Wake up!" Both my mom and Tikki yell, as I rush my clothes on and run down the stairs.
"Shower!" Yells dad. Oh right. I take a quick 3 minutes, grab my breakfast, and rush out the door. I live closest to the school, yet I always get there last.

"Dangit Tikki!" I yell. "Why didn't you wake me up? My alarm was beeping for 15 minutes!"
"You were sleeping so peacefully," starts Tikki. "I couldn't bring myself to it. Plus you need lots of rest to save the world today!"
She's right. I was up all night studying, and trying to find out who hawk moth is.
"I'm worried about you. You can't stay up all night. Yes, finding hawk moth is important," Tikki looks at me. "But so are you."

Wait, I think. SCHOOL!! I completely forgot!! I run as fast as I can, and by the time I get there, homeroom is already over. I walk into Mrs. Bustier's classroom and tell her to mark me as present. I won't forget what happened last time; I completely forgot to and my parents got a phone call saying I was absent and skipped class! My parents grounded me for a week!

I slip into science hoping Ms. Mendeleiev wouldn't notice me, but like always, she did.

"Detention for an hour Ms. Dupain-Cheng! I won't tolerate tardiness in my class."

As she got back to teaching, all I could think about was Adrien.
Mainly because he was right in front of me.