"Red roses.." Asahi x Reader

-=FLUFF=-

----------------------------

"What's wrong, Asahi? You've been acting weird lately," Nishinoya said as he followed his friend to his locker. Asahi just shrugged, trying to hide the blush that came to his face. "Nothing. Just a little stressed," he responded, trying to smile. Noya frowned, crossing his arms. "You know you're really bad at lying, right?" he asked, causing Asahi to tense up and blush harder. "I am not lying!" Asahi said defensively, causing Noya to laugh. "Bro, you can tell me, you know this! Is it about volleyball?"

Asahi rubbed the back of his neck nervously, letting out a sigh. "Do you know (Y/N)? The new kid?" he asked, glancing down at Noya, who's eyes lit up mischievously. "Ohh, them? Of course I know them!" he said excitedly, smiling. "Got a crush on them or something?" he asked, nudging Asahi teasingly. "W-Well, yeah, but.. I don't know how to talk to them.. They're just.. Out of my league," Asahi mumbled, sighing afterwards. "What? Bro! You know that's not true! You have just a good of a shot dating them as anybody else!" Noya exclaimed, his eyes filled with determination. "I'll help you ask them out! Or.. At least talk to them."

Asahi covered his face with one hand, sighing as Noya grabbed his other hand and pulled him down the hall to where your locker was. "Look! There they are! Go talk to them!" he said as he pointed to where you were. "I.. I can't do it.. They might think I'm weird.." Asahi said almost to himself, attempting to hide behind Noya. "Hey (Y/N)!" Noya shouted, waving to you and smiling. Asahi groaned and covered his face with both hands, blushing harder than he ever had before.

"Oh, hey Noya," you said as you walked over to the two, smiling. "(Y/N)! This is Asahi. He's the ace of our team," Noya said, pointing to Asahi with a smile. You nodded, looking up at the tall brunette, who peaked through his fingers to see you. "Hi. I've seen you play volleyball a few times," you said, watching as he hesitantly lowered his hands. "O-Oh.. You have?" he asked, nervously fidgeting. "Yeah. You're really good. I can see why you're the ace."

You two chatted for a for minutes before realizing that Noya had completely disappeared. As soon as Asahi realized he was alone with you, he became flustered again, and started to stutter. "A-Anyway, uh.. I-I should get to class!" he managed to say, clearing his throat and turning to leave. "It was nice talking to you, Asahi!" you said as he walked off, waving after him. "He's cute," you mumbled, laughing and going to grab your things so you could get to class as well.

----The next day----

"Nishinoya, why the heck did you just leave me there like that!" Asahi growled as he glared at his friend while they walked to school together. "Sorry, I had things to do, and you two were doing just fine!" Noya responded, shrugging like it was no big deal. "What did they say? Did you ask them out?" he asked, glancing at Asahi with a smirk. "W-Well, no, but I did ask what their favorite flower is.." Asahi mumbled, blushing slightly. "Oh? What did they say?" Noya asked, sounding interested. "They didn't have a favorite type of flower, so I got them a red rose.. Because.. Someone said red roses signify love and affection.. And I wanted to show them love and affection," Asahi explained, smiling shyly.

"Duude, that's so cute! They're gonna love it!" Noya exclaimed, bouncing around excitedly. Asahi laughed to himself, but still felt nervous. "But.. What if they don't like it? What if they think I'm weird?" he asked, glancing down. "Asahi, if you never take a chance then you'll never know! You have to try! And if they break your heart.. Well.. I'll help you feel better," Noya said with a determined smile.

A few hours later, Asahi was trying to work up the courage to talk to you in the hall, holding a bright red rose in his hands while watching you talk to your friends. He let out a dreamy sigh, blushing slightly. You were perfect.. The way you laughed, and the way you smiled made his heart skip a beat. He was almost too lost in his own world to realize you were walking towards him. "Hey Asahi! I'm glad to see you again," you said as you waved to him. "Oh, uh, (Y/N)! This.. This is for you.." he said as he held out the rose to you.

You stared at the rose for a moment before smiling, taking it and holding it gently. "Thank you, Asahi! You're such a sweetheart! Is that why you wanted to know about flowers yesterday?" you asked, tilting your head. he nodded shyly, blushing harder. "I.. I wanted to get you a flower so I could show you that I like you.. Since I'm not good with words. I also wanted to ask if you'd.. Maybe wanna go on a date? With me?" he asked, rubbing his arm awkwardly.

You tucked the rose behind you ear and nodded, smiling. "Of course! Ever since I started watching your practice games I've been wanting to ask you out but you always seemed busy," you explained, giggling quietly. "But now it works out! We both like each other and that's perfect!"

Asahi sighed in relief, blushing madly at this point. "Also, Asahi. I think I have a favorite flower now. Thank you." You smiled, turning to leave to get to class. "I'll talk to you later, ok?" you called back, disappearing around the corner.

Asahi stood there, absolutely lovestruck. "Wow.. It's like I've spoken to an angel.."