"A little awkward.." Ukai x Reader

-=FLUFF=-

------------------------

You sighed as you walked into the gym after a staff meeting with the rest of Karosuno high. You felt tired but needed to be there since you were supposed to help Ukai and Takeda. Speaking of Takeda.. Where was he? He was supposed to be here by now..

You looked around the gym to see that the team was already here practicing and Ukai was watching them from the sidelines, occasionally yelling at one of them to not push himself so hard. You scrunched your nose slightly at this, since you hated to be alone with the fake blonde since he was often.. Less than safe for work.

"Ahh, (Y/N), where've you been?" Ukai asked as he looked towards you, his arms crossed over his chest. "Did you have some meeting or whatever?" He seemed dismissive as he turned back to yell at one of the blockers, telling him to be more excited. You groaned and decided to stand next to him to see what was happening.

You didn't really know much about volleyball but Takeda insisted you help out since he needed another teacher to help supervise and you two were close friends. You agreed, thinking it would be entertaining to watch teen boys slap a ball around, but nothing made sense to you. And there was Ukai.. He wasn't very nice or kid friendly..

"Where's Specs?" the blonde suddenly asked, looking towards you. You just shrugged, fixated on the ginger who kept zipping around the court.  Ukai followed your gaze and laughed when he realized who you were watching. "Ahh, he's the only crow who can fly. But I bet you've watched him enough to know that."

You slowly nodded, watching Hinata and Kageyama execute one of their special moves, something you had been told was a quick attack. Despite not knowing what it really did, you were still impressed.

"Hey, (Y/N)," Ukai said as he took a step closer to you, seeming inquisitive. "Can I talk to you after they're done practicing? I wanna ask you some stuff." You tilted your head, feeling a bit curious. "What could you possibly want to know about me?" you asked, crossing your arms. He defensively put up his hands.

"Hey, hey, no need to put up some walls! I just wanna ask you about volleyball!" he said while laughing slightly. You frowned, scrunching your nose again. "Fine.." you muttered, turning back to watch the boys. "Aww, what, that's it? Why don't you ever try and keep a conversation with me?" he asked, sounding pouty.

"Because I'd rather try and learn about volleyball than listen to you complain about it," you responded simply, eyeing the tall blonde first year who seemed way less enthusiastic about this game than the others. "What?! When do I complain?" You turned to him with a slight smirk on your face, not used to hearing him so annoyed and pouty. Usually he was loud and assertive.

"Do you want me to start alphabetically, or chronologically?" you asked, tilting your head and watching him go red from embarrassment. "Is it really that much?" he asked quietly, fidgeting slightly. You nodded and he sighed, covering his face with one hand. "Whatever, fine!" He crossed his arms and turned away, pouting as he watched Hinata and Kageyama start arguing yet again.

You stood there for a few more minutes before going off to sit on one of the benches, still wondering where Takeda was. You didn't think much of it and started to go through your phone, trying to pass the time while Ukai continued to try and coach the boys.

Team apparently went by faster than you thought it did since you were soon poked on the shoulder by someone as you felt them slide onto the bench next to you. "Heyy (Y/N)," Ukai said in a slightly flirtatious way, smirking as you gasped and almost threw your phone at him.

"Anyway, I get to ask you some stuff since you said yes earlier. I got the boys out as quickly as I could for this so you'd better thank me!" You furrowed your brows, glaring at him in annoyance. "Thank you?" "You're welcome!"

You felt baffled by the exchange and shook your head. "N-NO, that's.. Fine, whatever, what do you want Ukai?" you asked, wanting to get out of there and go home. "Calm down, I just wanna ask if you wanna go on a date and also if I could teach you some volleyball basics," he said nonchalantly, smirking as you blushed. "Date?! Ukai, we don't even know each other!" you exclaimed, blushing harder by the second. "Exactly! This would be the perfect time to get it on~" he teased, giggling quietly.

You thought for a moment, your eyes narrowed. "What happens if I say yes?" you asked. "Well, if you say yes than we can go do whatever you want! If you say no.. It'll be a little awkward." He shrugged, getting up. "I'm gonna go smoke. Care to come with?" he asked, looking back at you.

"Yes.." you mumbled, getting up as well. "Also yes to that date. It'll be fun to test the waters. But keep your inappropriate comments to yourself!" You glared at him and he laughed again. "Fine, fine. Come on then. I wanna ask you more stuff."