It Started with a Text

11:30 .a.m.  March 14, 2020

Page 3

Jace's POV: I had woken up at 11 on Saturday and all I could remember was Riele's and I conversation from last night. I only really said all of that because I was just in the mood I didn't really mean any of it I think? She believed I meant it all, so the only way to fix this is by texting her and letting her know that I was just in the mood and that we are best friends and best friends don't do that kind of stuff. I texted her and got up to take a shower.

Riele's POV: I had woken up very happy about how my night went with Jace, and when I get up the first thing I see is his name pop up on my phone screen I've never pressed anything so hard ever before. I was hurt when I saw the message, but I tried and hid my real emotion.

Jace🥰🖤

J: I'm sorry I was just in the
mood last night, so what
I said last night I didn't
really mean any of it
we're just friends

Ok.
I'm sorry.
R: Yeah I totally
agree with you
we're just bros.

Riele's POV:
I know I didn't show it but my heart hurt like hell. It felt like you give your heart to someone you think you trust, and then instead they take it and stomp all over it like it's nothing. I honestly thought the best way to get over it is if I forget or acted like it never happened. Well I realized the best way to handle a situation like this is to make amends and that's exactly what I did. I had written a long note spilling my guts out about how I really feel about Jace. The more I tried to continue the note the more I was far from forgetting what happened and now all I could ever think about is what caused our friendship to diced in into pieces.

Jace's POV:
All my life I've been hurt and treated rudely and Riele has been the only person who's stuck by my side. And hearing her say all that just made me do things I am not proud of. I didn't really wanna hurt her but I have to show her that I don't need her to be happy. Pushing Riele away is the best option for me now.
I ghosted her...

2:15 .p.m.

Page 4

Riele's POV:
I had texted Jace over 10 times in just 1 hr and he hadn't replied to me once and it started to feel as if he was ghosting me. I had put on my running gear and just jogged around until finding my self in front of Jace's house. My heart started to pump out of my chest and I couldn't even move I just stood there and stared into his wide open window. Until I found myself ringing his doorbell.

Jace's Mom: "Hey, sweetie. How are you?"

Riele: "I'm great Mrs. Norman, thanks for asking!"

Jace's Mom: "Umm, well Jace isn't here, but your welcome inside!"

Riele: "Uhh..thanks, but could you not tell Jace I was here we're not in the best of terms at the time!"

Jace's Mom: "Everything alright?"

Riele: "Yeah, don't worry we're just giving each other breaks!"

Jace's Mom: "Yeah, y'all are definitely giving each other a break.

Riele: (looks around)

Jace's POV:
My friends had invited be over and I'd usually bring  Riele with me, but that isn't working out. My friends tend to judge me and make fun of me over Riele's friendship. Sean was the first person I met before meeting Riele he had taken care of me and treated me greatly and most of all he protected me as if I was his brother even though I've always been older than him. I just had cleared my mind to make it Riele free and enjoyed my time with my friends.

Sean: "Jace I don't think you have completed met the group, right?"

Jace: "Well I know you and...yeah only you?"

Sean: "Then as your guardian/best friend it's my job to make you feel comfortable around your surroundings!"

Jace: "I guess that's dope!"

Sean: "That girl over there is Ella...Ella Anderson!"

Ella: "What's up buzzy bee!"

Jace: (nods) "Hey!"

Sean: "Don't be intimidated by her she actually has a bad mouth for a 15 year old.

Ella: "How about you shut your dickhole!"

Jace: (laughs) "dickhole."

Jace's POV:
Sean had introduced me to the rest of the gang and I really enjoyed it. It was nice to have a great time with  new, fun, and enthusiastic people. Felt better then sitting home and sobbing over a girl that doesn't want me. Ella was so funny and so passionate about what she likes and what she didn't like, and that she was never afraid to speak her mind.

Ella: "Hey, buzzy bee. Get your a$$ over here let's take a drink!"

Jace: "Coming sharp mouth!"

Ella: "You have no right to give me a harsh nickname!"

Jace: "Don't I tho? Sharp mouth!"

Sean: "I think you just made a wrong mistake!"

Ella: "Your ass is mine, NORMAN!"

Jace: "SHIT!"

Sean/The Gang: "RUN, NORMAN!"