XC1

How is it 5:30 am already? I need to get ready!

Damn high school at new schools, such a pain in the ass.

"Fuck fuck fuck," I say to myself struggling to get ready, "Today is my first day and I'm gonna be late, how did I not wake up?"

Today, as you know, is my first day at a new high school. I transferred from Siejoh and now go to the 'Oh so great Nekoma'.

I get ready with my hair and my clothes, I don't wear make-up.

"Finally, now I can-" I look at the clock, "How is it already 6:27??" I was supposed to leave 15 minutes ago! Now I'm gonna have to run!

My place is still by Seijoh, so I have to run to the train station, wait for the slow ass train to arrive in Tokyo, then I have to run to the school. Not to mention I don't move into my new roommate's house until Friday, god I think the world hates me.

I get to the train in time a sweating mess, I smell like how I do after a volleyball match, how am I supposed to get to school looking like this?

"Poor girl, she looks horrible."

"Say, which school uniform is that? Doesn't seem like any from around here."

Although I would like to punch each and every single person on this train with me, they aren't wrong, I smell like a pig.

Just being able to save my patience, the train stops and I get off of the train and book it. I run so fast that I feel like my legs are going to fall off.

Tokyo looks so much better than I had imagined it to, there are loads of cars and buildings and so many different faces, I bet it looks even better at night.

I stop in front of a school that I think is my school, and luckily enough, I get it right. "Finally!" I scream.

I walk in and quickly find a room, it seemed like a locker room so I just assumed it was the girls if I was correct.

I find the showers and I get in, quickly going and then getting out, hoping no one saw me and I was going to make it to class. Thankfully it was only a minute or two until it started and I patted myself on the back for making it.

Once dressed, I head to the door or at least was trying to, someone came in.

"Hold on Yaku! Kenma forgot his phone!" A tall guy with black hair said. He looked cute, I wonder who he is?

"Ah, found it!" He cheers holding a phone with a cat keychain on the side. I was still standing there, hoping he doesn't see me. "No one will die today."

I laugh at the last thing he says, you know, cause I found it funny.

I shouldn't have found it funny.

"Huh, who are you?" The guy asks me, cocking his head to the side. "This is the boy's locker room?"

I wanna say something, but geez was I embarrassed.

"Oh, u-uh I-" I hesitate to say anything else when another dude walks in, he seems unhappy.

"Kuroo! Why are you taking so lon-" He looks over at me and in that moment, I know it's a good choice to book it and run.

I run out of the locker room, passing two more people, one with a buzzcut and one with a mohawk, how crazy is this school?

I stop in front of a class that I think was mine, and walk-in, immediately getting all eyes on me.

"Hello, you're the new student yes?" The lady asked, I nodded and she pointed to the class. "Introduce yourself."

"Hello, I am l/n y/n, transfer student. I play volleyball." I say to the people in front of me, I didn't include the 'I hope we can be friends' thing at the end because if I did I would be lying.

She points to a seat at the very back, right next to a guy that has blond hair and black roots, almost like pudding.

I walk over and sit, slamming my head on the new desk I had. I could tell the boy next to me had flinched. What was this year going to do to me?

...

"Class dismissed, get your work done."

Hallelujah, I thought I was going to die.

I ran to the outside of the classroom, quickly looking down each hall to see which one I had come from on the way here. I wanted to get to the gyms and see where the boy's volleyball team was at, there was someone there I wanted to surprise.

I run down the halls I remember going down, all the way back to the boy's locker room where I made an embarrassing introduction. I still can't believe I showered in there.

I see a sign that says 'GYM' and I follow it, almost immediately hearing the sound of volleyballs slamming on the floor along with all the shoe squeaking.

I run inside, looking around the gym for who I was looking for, then I found him. My uncle.

"UNCLE YASUFUMI!!!" I yell across the gym to the old dude in a red tracksuit. Everyone playing stops and looks over to me although I don't look back, I'm too excited to see Yasu.

"Y/n?" He asks, turning his head over to me. "What are you doing here? And in our uniform...?"

I race over and give him a big hug, looking up at him, "I came to see you! Didn't you hear that I was moving, I didn't tell you?" I question myself more than I do him.

"Coach who is this?" I hear a voice in the back of me ask, that voice sounds oddly familiar, but why?

"She's my niece, I thought she was still in Miyagi." He says, and I finally let go. "I didn't know you were coming here."

"Well of course I was going to come here one day, I told at the funeral." His eyes widened when I said funeral, but I widened mine back to note him it was okay.

"Well yes," He responds, "I guess you did say that, but why did you come here and not Kyoto or something?"

"Volleyball remember? Dad said I should come here if I wanted to pursue my dream, so I am."

He stayed quiet a few moments after when I mentioned my dad but quickly brushes it off. He looks at me again and then the gym, sighing as he rubs his forehead.

"What are you waiting for? I know you didn't just come to say hi to me, get changed." He says, and dang does he know me well.

"This is why you're my favorite uncle~" I hug him again and he sighs once more.

"Y/n, I'm your only uncle."

"Uh-huh, whatever you say, now introduce me to your team," I say turning around, not even thinking twice about who would be standing there.

My mouth gawked open, finally noticing the boys that were there playing.

It was them.

The boys I had bumped into and made a fool out of myself in front of. They were there and they knew who I was, and someone else that looked familiar was there too. He was in the back and I couldn't see him as well, but it came back to me.

Oh dear god, it was pudding head. The same one from my class. That sits right next to me. That was breathing the same air as me.

I'm dead.