Chapter 1

Junior year. Jisoo grins excitedly to herself as she clutches her colorful comforter and sheets tighter to her chest and bounds up the front steps of her new rent house. Nayeon and Rosé had been her suitemates freshman and sophomore year when they were confined to the dorms at BlackPink University and now that they're free to choose their own dwellings, they can't imagine living separately. After a lengthy search for a house with an appropriate bedroom to bathroom ratio for three college aged girls, they'd finally settled on a large house with four bedrooms and three bathrooms.

Then came the issue of who would be taking the fourth room. They seriously considered using it as a second living area or a study or even a dance party room (that gem had been Rosé's idea), however the promise of lower rent won out and they soon found themselves scouring Facebook for a reasonable addition to their household. It's not that they were picky, per say, they just didn't want to end up with an axe murderer or a crazy cat lady as their new roommate.

The solution to their problem came in the form of Rosé's cousin deciding to transfer to BlackPink to run on the track team. Upon Rosé convincing Nayeon and Jisoo that her cousin was a perfectly normal twenty-one year old woman and promising she'd be the one sharing a bathroom with the girl in question, the decision was final.

Jisoo dumps her bedding on the mattress and box springs that take up most of the back wall of the master suite (she'd drawn the long straw when it came to choosing rooms) and sighs when she sees how many boxes she still has to unpack. She can hear Nayeon breaking down empty boxes in her room across the hall and Rosé's weird dance fusion music drifting from her open door across the house. Their fourth roommate is still on her way, Rosé had assured earlier, and her parents had moved in their niece's furniture earlier that day.

It's nice finally being in a house, Jisoo decides. Although they have to worry about yard care and utilities now, they no longer have to concern themselves with keeping the noise down at night and now they have laundry in their house instead of down three flights of stairs and a creepy ass hallway like it was at the on campus apartments they'd lived in last semester. That and she's still living with her two best friends.

Nayeon and Rosé probably know Jisoo better than her own mother. Not that it's surprising. Jisoo and her mom can barely manage strained small talk without it escalating into an argument. High school had been hard, but her roommates are her family now. Jisoo just hopes that Rosé's cousin moving in doesn't throw off the dynamic the three girls have built over the past two years. She knows Rosé has told her over and over again that her cousin is slightly closed off, but really cool, however Jisoo can't get the image of this new girl coming into her life and stealing away her friends leaving her alone again.

There's a knock at the door frame and Jisoo looks up from where she's unpacking her art supplies and sees Rosé grinning at her.

"Hey, Rosie. What's up?"

Rosé shrugs, venturing further into the room, and throws herself onto Jisoo's unmade bed, causing the neatly organized stack of books Jisoo had placed there earlier to topple over. "Just seeing how the unpacking is going for you. Got tired of putting clothes on hangers."

Jisoo sighs at the mess Rosé's made of her books, but goes to sit next to her anyway, grinning when the girl wiggles closer until her head is in Jisoo's lap.

"I'm glad we're living together again."

"Me too," Jisoo answers as she threads her fingers through silver hair.

Rosé sighs in contentment and is closing her eyes when Nayeon comes barreling into the room and tackles both the girls sitting on the bed. Rosé squeals in surprise and bats at the intruder. Nayeon squirms until she is sandwiched between Jisoo and Rosé and buries her face into Jisoo's shoulder.