Chapter 5

Jisoo blinks into awareness, squinting at the sun streaming through her blinds. She turns her head and jerks when she's met by a mass of silky brown hair. Grinning, she scoots closer to her bedmate and wraps her arms around the other woman's middle. Jennie only sighs and sinks into the embrace before resuming her soft snoring.

More often than not, Jennie stays the night in Jisoo's room. For one, Jisoo has her own shower that they can have sex in without pissing Rosé off. And a bathtub they can have sex in. And a bigger bed that's far easier to share than Jennie's full. And, really, Jisoo just wants Jennie close to her as much as possible.

"Mmmmm..." Jennie groans and turns in Jisoo's arms to bury her face against Jisoo's collarbone. "Why're you awake so early?"

Grinning, Jisoo slides her fingers into Jennie's locks and begins combing through the tangles. "It's eleven o'clock already. You've got to be at the track in an hour."

Jennie yawns and curls further into Jisoo. "I hate weekend practices. I just want to stay in bed with you all day."

Jisoo's heart melts and she leans forward to peck her girlfriend on the lips, morning breath be damned. "If you get up, I'll make you french toast when you get back," she bribes.

Jennie sits up and glares at Jisoo. "You play dirty. If you promise to make your vanilla whipped cream, I'm in."

Giggling, Jisoo sits up and shoves Jennie off the bed. "Deal. Now go get ready before Jihyo comes over here to find you. I'd be sad if she murdered you."

Jennie looks into the gift bag before looking back up at Nayeon in mortification. Jisoo snatches the bag out of her grasp and peers inside.

"You bought my girlfriend a strap on for her birthday!?"

Nayeon cackles. "Just trying to spice up your sex life. Think of it as a gift to both of you."

"But our sex life is fine," Jennie protests, still red-faced.

"Oh believe me, I know. I can hear how healthy your sex life is every night. I bought ear plugs and I can still hear it. Actually, I probably should have bought you a gag. Then maybe the rest of us could get some sleep."

Jennie sputters indignantly for a moment before crossing her arms and slumping down in her chair. "I'm not loud in bed."

Jisoo raises her eyebrows at her girlfriend. "I'm pretty sure I have partial hearing loss because of you."

"Stop exaggerating, Jisoo. I was there, too, and I'm pretty sure the noise level was reasonable." When Jisoo just purses her lips, Jennie huffs petulantly and whines, "You're supposed to be nice to me. It's my birthday."

"I have been nice to you. I took you out for sushi, bought you a nice dress for tonight, and I got you that book you've been wanting."

"Damn Jisoo, no birthday sex?" Nayeon asks.

"No, there was sex, too." Jisoo had definitely gotten Jennie off a couple of times before they even got out of bed. And then another time in the shower. It had been a productive morning.

"Oh, I know. I was just making conversation."

Jennie glares at Nayeon and Jisoo. "Jisoo, I would rather you not tell our roommates when we've had sex!"

Nayeon rolls her eyes. "Too late for that, my friend. I'm pretty sure our neighbors know when you've had sex."

"Okay, can we stop talking about Jisoo and Jennie having sex now? I just had a cookie and I'd like to keep it down, thanks." Rosé strolls into the living room and stops dead when she sees the contents of the gift bag still sitting in Jennie's lap. "What the fuck?"