❝ CHAPTER 12 ❞

▌Chapter 12 ─ Lives In Fear ▌

Chapter 12 ─ Lives In Fear

━━━━━ IRIS HAD HER eyes on Fred as he followed behind Ransom who was clearly leading them somewhere. Though she didn't really know where. She wanted to know what Fred wanted, or why he was still here even though she had ended things.

"So you wanna tell me what that was about?" Fred asked, looking at her for a brief moment.

"You wanna tell me why you still have the spare key to my car?" Iris asked, trying to get her own answers.

"You first, did you know he was gonna put you on the will?" Fred proceeded to ask her, his eyes still on the road.

"No I didn't, I told him I didn't want to be on the will." Iris replied, she was really trying to figure out where these questions were even coming from.

"But you knew he was going to change the will?"

"Yeah, I did. I went to him 8 months ago."

"What did you talk about?"

Iris tilted her head, she wasn't entirely sure where these questions were coming from but she was sure Fred was hiding something from her.

"I just told him my theories, I started our game, he finished his part and now it's time to finish my part."

"What theories?"

"Just stuff, about my parents, my aunts and uncle, my cousins, my brother, and you." Fred looked over at Iris for a brief moment when she said that.

"You found out, great." Iris narrowed her eyes.

"Found out about what? Is there something else you're hiding from me? I'm not in the mood to play any of your games Fred."

"Oh, please, you're one to talk."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're new found love, the baby. Which you didn't tell me about, that baby is mine too!"

"Yes, I am pregnant but I didn't know until yesterday. I went to take a test because I was throwing up. My grandfather knew before I did."

"I really wish you would have told me this."

"That's not going to change anything."

"The relationship with Marta? When did that start?" Fred asked, looking over at her.

Iris turned in her seat to get a better look at Fred. "There were always feelings but nothing really happened until the night of Harlan's birthday." Iris told him.

"What happened?"

"Why are you so interested in knowing all this?"

"Because I wanna know the real reason why you decided to end our engagement and fire me."