Snowflakes

Song for this chapter: Sweater Weather-The Neighbourhood

Blair's POV
"Astronomy class isn't until midnight, so what should we do in the meantime?", I ask Ron while he eats the lovely smelling bottomless sandwiches. He looks at me with an awkward look,
"Want some?" he says holding out his sandwich that's half eaten.
"Um I'm alright, thank you though. But back to the point, what can we do?! I'm rather not entertained by watching you eat sandwiches."
He rolls his eyes jokingly putting his sandwich down, looking at me, "It's snowing outside, how about we go and study the star chart out there?" he says probably hoping I'd say no so he can stay eating. I smile though, this is a lovely idea.
"But" he intervenes "since you were being so rude about me eating these bloody hell amazing sandwiches, after we're done studying we go to my dorm and play wizards chess."
He smiles, proud of his propagation.
"Deal Weasley, but I get to play some of my favorite muggle music that I've heard."
"Deal Blair."
We shake hands smiling at each other, suddenly he gets up, picking up his stuff running out of the great hall. I sigh then get my stuff and walk out awkwardly as Professor Snape death glares me.

I hear Ron panting in the courtyard so I walk towards him.
"Okay there Ron? Need any help?"
"I'm- I'm fine love."
Oh
Blimey that caught me off guard, my nose turns red from blushing, good thing it's cold out so I can use that as an excuse.
"Well let's get to working then Blair."

Ron's POV
Time has passed and I'm starting to get bored. Me and Blair have been exchanging answers with each other as we talk here and there.
I turn to her as she's trying to explain to me something about the stars when I'm just paying attention to how the white snowflakes land on her dark hair. It looks ethereal. She catches me looking at her,
"What's wrong Weasley? Do I have something on me?".
"Oh um no I was just looking at the snowflakes on your hair. Looks quite cool since your hair is dark."
More snowflakes fall onto her, landing on her nose and dark eyelashes.
"Aaaaah, admiring me now Weasley?" She says fluttering her eyelashes at me.
I laugh at her boldness, "umm no I was admiring the snow."
"Ah I see." She says laughing.
The laughter dies and I say, "How about we put our books down and we go to my dorm room? It's getting pretty cold and I want to play wizards chess."
Before she can say something, Malfoy walks out.
"Who's this you're with Blair? A Weasley?!" Draco says disgusted.
"Yes, what's it to you Malfoy?" I say already annoyed by his presence alone. Blair rolls her eyes whispering to me, "Just ignore him, it's a waste of arguing."
"What? Are you going to spend Christmas with his poor family too? I reckon Weasley here and his twin brothers cause trouble. Not to mention his stubborn little sister."
I get up from where I'm sitting about to beat the bloody hell out of Malfoy, but Blair grabs my arm firmly pulling me back. "I said just ignore him Ron."
I calm down and I grab my things, I whisper to her, "Come on. Let's get out of here."
She stands up with her stuff walking away with me while Malfoy has a smug look on his face.

"Oooo who's this lovely lady Mr.Weasley?" the painting by the common room says. "Haha...now let me in." I say annoyed from what just happened.
"Password."
"Umm...OH! Caput Draconis!"
The painting moves, letting us enter the common room that has a warm fireplace going, lighting up the room, walking in we're hit with the smell of chocolate.
Blair walks lightly into the room, setting her stuff down on the floor as she sits on the couch with pillows and blankets.
"What was that all about Blair? Seems Malfoy really cares about who you hang around."
"Oh um we know each other pretty well, don't mind him, he can be rude but he's kind of nice...sometimes."
I frown a bit asking "You two... are dating?"
"Oh gosh, no, ew. Never."
Oh thank Merlin.
"We just have spent time together.", she says.
"Oh no. Oh I mean... you can talk to whoever, I don't care." She laughs at my awkwardness.
"Ron, I don't like him in that way." She says in an obvious manner.
"Well then why are you two close?"

Blair's POV
How do I expect myself to make friends if I don't want to open up? Damn it Blair just tell him.
"Well..."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Word count:780 words
Early update!! Yuuuup!
I hope you all liked this chapter, it was pretty fun to write and I think the next one will be even better :D
I hope everyone is doing well!!