Crucified and Keep in Touch - Family Pt 1

P1 - Charlotte
P2 - Benson
P3 - Martha
P4 - Everett
Keep in Touch - Tommy (they/them)

"Why does this child insist on staying here, even after all our scares and traps?" Charlotte complains.

"Have you guys ever noticed how much our language has changed from when we were living?"

"Shut your mouth, Benny. I'm trying to be sad, but you ruined the vibe!"

"Yeesh, sorry."

"Maybe we can just try to ask them to leave," Martha suggested, before pausing. "The child mentioned their pronouns were they/them, yes?"

"Yes, Martha, they did say that," Everett confirmed. "Not sure why one would mention their pronouns while haunted, but okay."

"Would they really leave if we just ask them to?" Benson ponders.

"Found you guys!" A new voice joins them. "So, as I was planning to do when I first came here, I'm trying to find someone. Which one of you is Martha?" Said woman flinched when her name was mentioned.

She teleports directly in front of the only living person in the room. "How did you know my name?"

"Okay, personal space first," they try to push away the ghost, but their hand just phases through. "Never- mind. My name is Tommy, and you are my great-great-great-great-great grand aunt. Wait, was that four or five greats? Doesn't matter, the point is we're related and I wanted to meet you!" They put out their hand to shake before quickly pulling it back after remembering the ghosts' current state.

There was silence for a while, until Benson broke it. "We didn't catch any of that, you talk too fast."

"Oh. Well basically, you are my family. A very distant one, but family nonetheless. You're my ancestor's sister," Tommy explains slowly.

Martha had stopped listening from their first explanation. Her family? Those wretches can barely even be considered human. She was a noble, but those monsters refused to even acknowledge her existence and actively attempted to hide it from the public. She's a shame to their name, they would say. All because of two facts about her.

"Hey, are you listening?"

That snapped the woman out of her thoughts.

"Because you looked like you weren't listening, and you're the one who I want listening but you weren't, soo..."

"How could we possibly be related?" She interrupts their thought. "We...look nothing like each other," she hesitates to explain why.

"Oh," Tommy repeats. "Like I said, we're very distantly related. And times have changed since you were alive, what with it being two centuries and all."

"Huh, I was gonna ask about that," Charlotte thinks out loud before Everett elbows her stomach. "Hey, you can't do that to a lady!"

"It's the 21st century according to them, and I like to think times have changed enough for this."

"So you're my...brother's descendant? How did you even find that out?"

"Yes! Um," Tommy stuttered on a few words before continuing slowly. "Our family is not that rich anymore, but I heard from Gran Gran, that's my grandma's grandma, about our family history and how you died at a young age, even for the time. I was thinking that since I just moved out of my parents' house, I could find a place near here and visit."

"Uhh, this is a haunted house," Benson interjects. "One cannot simply visit."

"According to Wikipedia, no one has actually died after you guys. Some attempts to exorcise you all have been made, but experts say to just leave you alone since you're all bark and absolutely no bite," the teen shows their phone to the ghosts' offended expressions.

"E-excuse me? ExcUSE ME?!" Yells Everett. "I have spent 200 years successfully deterring anyone who dares enter-"

"No, you didn't."

"Goddammit."

"Now that I think about it..." Tommy takes a look around the mansion, "you guys don't mind if I stay here, right? Rent is way too expensive, and I'll contribute by cleaning up or something."

"You can't, even if we would let you," the only ghost wearing glasses states. "The water supply has been cut out for decades."

"Right...Wait, I almost forgot what I was here for!" Tommy takes out a book from the backpack they've been carrying, and opens it to reveal a picture album.

"So, Gran Martha, can I call you that? Gran Martha, I've been compiling copies of photographs and paintings of all of my family into this here dandy album. I was wondering if I could take a picture of you, and maybe copy the painting to paste it here too? And then we could-"

"No."

Tommy paused. "Say that again-"

"No. Get out. Now." A red energy begins forming around Martha.

"Wait, but-"

"Get out before I make you."

The last words terrified Tommy, even more than the scares, making them run away.

"Hey, what the hell, Martha?"

So finally finished this. The two facts about Martha will be revealed in a part 2, and the physical differences from Martha and Tommy is implying that Tommy is biracial. Next will be with Swish Swish. Feel free to request after that, but just know that request fics are usually shorter than my other ones.