Video Killed The Radio Star - The Fall of The Radio Star

His name is James "Jimmy" James

"And that's it for tonight, folks! Be sure to tune in next time, on-!" his microphone cut off. Someone had pulled it from the socket and he turned to see who else could be in the studio. One shake of his head showed his boss, a short man with greying hair and a thin mustache, his posture was usually relaxed, but this time it was tense.

"Jimmy, we have to talk." "Yessir," he knew not to stay in his radio persona at this current moment. The man took off his headset, and walked nearer to his boss.

"What did you want to talk about?" "The station is letting you go."

"Excuse me, what?! I'm the one who makes them money, they can't just fire me!"

"Look, you were the absolute best during your prime, but now, people don't want to just listen anymore. Video has taken over! The number of listeners dropped significantly, and the station just can't cope with the loss. I'm sorry, but it's been decided."

He bites his thumb, thinking. "Can I at least-" "No." "Gah!"

-

James went home upset that night. How could they just fire him like that?! After all he's done?! "Fuck you all!" He threw a cushion to the wall. It hit a framed picture of his university graduation.

He had an idea. "Maybe I should-No." He discarded it immediately. He knew his future wasn't meant to be in engineering or science or whatever, he is a star. That's what he is, and what he'll always be. No matter what some idiot  50 year olds think.

Another bright idea. If he wants to keep his fame, which he does, he should keep up with the trends. Yes, that's a good idea. He would start by making his first appearance in whatever is popular at the time. That part's easy, who wouldn't want him? Then, slowly climb up the ladder of fame until he can get his own show, maybe one similar to his former radio show.

Yes yes, that was perfect. Just one problem, however. No one has ever actually seen his face and associate with famous radio show host Jimmy James. Any photograph taken of him featured a mask that covered his whole head. After all, he doesn't want to surprise or shock anyone over his true appearance.

Well, he could just wear the mask. That would be perfect.

-

It didn't work. He joins a show that interviews celebrities in front of live audiences, and broadcasted later. Many were surprised over his choice of clothing, but eventually ignored it.

However, just when he was about to do a little trick standing up, a misplaced cable caused him to trip, making the mask fall off. Screams of horror erupted, and he ran out the building, putting the mask back on and hiding in a nearby alleyway.

Ah, now that they've seen me, I can never recover my fame. Unless…

"If I can't become a video star, then I guess becoming video is just fine. And if I can't be immortalized, I'll just be immortal," James took off the mask, and goes home to work on his new plan.

That sucked. Anyways, next is gonna be Kick It headcanons (both vers), but please request. I don't have any new ideas besides that