ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟠 • 𝕀 𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕎𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕄𝕖𝕖𝕥 𝕄𝕚𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕪 𝕄𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕖 ;-;

"L-Luke?!"

"Hey, you. How've you been? You look great..."

"No... no no no... no..."

The world felt like it was shifting below me and my feet couldn't hold up my weight anymore. The world didn't even feel real anymore.

It felt like a nightmare.

I backed away from the towering nightmare and tried to hide behind my group of friends. But when I turned around, they had disappeared. I couldn't spot their faces in the sea of strangers, the one familiar face seemed to be Luke's.

I shoved my way towards the entrance of the park, hoping that I'd bump into them as I tried to escape the man from my past.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I bumped into the familiar Latina.

"HEY! Hey, Y/n, what happened? Are you okay?" Only now had I realized I was having troubling breathing and felt numb all over. I felt nauseous and light-headed, pretty certain that at any second, my legs were going to give out from under me. I grabbed onto Brielle and used her to keep myself stable and standing.

"Y/n, what happened?"

"Hey, Brielle! I've missed you." Her eyes darted up and I felt her arms let go of me. In turn, Jack grabbed onto me and pulled me into a protective hold. He had one arm encircling my body and the other on my head, holding me close to the warmth of his body. Meanwhile, the familiar voice had inched closer to us.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Woah! Bri, chill out! I just came to say 'hi,' that's all."

The Latina's purple locks seemed to burn red as the anger in her voice radiated through everyone. She glared at him with an intense fire I had never seen before. She stepped away from the little huddle the group was in to stop Luke from getting closer.

"Well, you said 'hi,' now get out of my face."

"Still as fiery as ever, Bri. I always liked a girl with spice," His hand reached up to graze her cheek, but she slapped it away before it could make contact. He pulled it back before it would get torn off. He took his eyes off the girl standing as a barrier between us to look back at me.

I had calmed down a little by now and felt normal, but I couldn't separate myself from Jack's arms.

"Wow, Jacksepticeye. The Jacksepticeye. And Markiplier. The King of Five Nights at Freddy's. Impressive, Y/n," I stayed where I was. I couldn't bring myself to move. Brielle kept her eyes on him and made sure to block him from even inching closer to me. "You've upgraded."

"You need to leave," Brielle started, "Leave us alone so we can go on with our trip and you can go on being the man whore you are."

"Ouch, and here I thought we could forget about the past and just move on..."

"Seriously? After 10 freaking years, you think you can just waltz back into our lives and act like everything's just okay? You're an idiot,"

"Hey! Hey, Bri... maybe you should calm down..." The intense discussion between the two old high school rivals was interrupted by a certain sapphire-haired girl. The break was surprising to all of us because she had been weirdly quiet this whole time. And now she finally speaks... only to defend the worst guy on the planet.

And give him a freaking hug.

Apparently, Luke and Katlyn knew each other from a volunteer program back in college. They had become good friends but didn't stay too connected. Supposedly, they were just friends and nothing happened between them during that summer.

"That's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard," Brielle scoffed as Katlyn and Luke separated their hug and their smiles died down, "You need to leave us now. Go back to... whatever compelled a creepy, single guy like you to come here, alone."

Brielle grabbed onto both Jack's arm -  who was still holding onto me - and Mark's and started her attempt at dragging us away from the scene, only to be stopped by another arm grabbing hers.

"Get off me!"

"Brielle, I've changed!"

"He really has, Bri!"

She let go of the two arms in her grasp and just looked in complete shock at the two. She couldn't believe what was happening right in front of her eyes.

"Are you freaking kidding me, Katlyn? You don't know the things this guy has done! You don't know him at all! You think hanging out with him for one summer means you know the sick bastard?"

"People can change, Brielle! You know that! He's changed!"

"You're insane!"

The scene unfolding in front of my eyes was one I never thought I'd ever see.

My best friend of over 10 years, screaming and cursing at someone who we thought was her friend and our shared ex-boyfriend. Katlyn, a random almost-forced "friend" defending the one person that hurt me most in the world. And, of course, the devil himself. Just standing there, smirking while only giving a few words of input every now and then.

The fighting was starting to get annoying. My head started to hurt and I felt like my ears were going to start bleeding from the yelling. I also had the sudden urge to just grab a bar of soap and scrub the three "adult's" mouths clean.

"So, I'm guessing he can't join us for breakfast?"

My eyes shot up as the words echoed through the park. Both Brielle and Luke were silenced and even Mark and Jack, who I had forgotten about, seemed to be be stunned still.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me... No, Katlyn, he can't 'join us for breakfast!' What are you insane? Has all this fighting told you nothing?"

"I'm sorry, but he's here alone and I feel bad!"

"I don't care if you feel bad! He's a dick!"

"Don't call him that!"

"Don't invite him to breakfast!"

"I can invite whoever I want!"

"No, you can't!"

"Yes, I can!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Ladies, I-"

"Shut up!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No-"

"STOP!"

I cracked.

"Just... stop already... You guys are being ridiculous. We're at Disney, for Christ's sake, and you two are fighting over whether this guy can come eat breakfast with us?" I separated myself from Jack's arms and stood in between the three fighting adults.

Families walked by us, horrified at the sight and covering their children's ears because of the salty language. Security guards stood at the ready, hoping the fight wouldn't escalate and they wouldn't have to file anything under their incidents folder. Workers posted around tried not to stare, but failed miserably.

We just got here and we were already ruining our trip.

"But, Y/n, he-"

"No. This whole fight's because of me, my issues with Luke, and my past haunting me... I get to decided whether or not he stays," The park seemed to melt away and the only people left were Brielle, Luke, Katlyn, Mark, Jack, and myself. All of their eyes piercing through me as they waited for my decision.

I thought about the talk Bri and I had earlier.

I have to let go and get over my past if I want to be able to have a future with anyone.

Especially, Jack...

"He can come."