•4• Her Safety

Meanwhile, Jungkook's POV

"Yes boss ,we followed her in the morning also and at late night as well when she returned home." Alex, one of my trusted men , said to me.

"Good", I simply replied.

"Umm...boss but..." said Dave, another one of my men assigned to follow Y/n.

I simply raised my eyebrow waiting for him to continue.

But when I didn't receive any reply,
"What is it?" , I said in a threatening tone while gritting my teeth.

"Boss..., actually I think that ,I mean...no...no...we mean that we think that ...that um... Ms.Y/n was maybe...",
said Alex stuttering.

"Alex , just spit it out!", I growled becoming furious and internally nervous as I heard her name.

"Boss , we think that she was getting uneasy or rather scared as we were following her. I think she sensed someone's presence behind her so she panicked a bit.", Alex replied without hesitating a bit as he knew that I wanted an answer immediately.

I closed my eyes taking a deep breath as anger raised in my body. First of all, I never liked my work getting messed up and secondly, the thought of her panicking felt like setting my heart on fire. I never realised when I started to care for her but at the moment what I felt was pure anger.

A loud sound echoed in the room as my palm made contact with Alex's face slapping him really hard. Dave flinched at his spot as he saw me so angry.

"I told you to follow her from a distance and make sure she remains and feels safe. Didn't I?", my thundering voice echoed till the living room.

Alex turned his head down in shame but at the next second he found a hand on his shoulder. He looked up to be met by his boss,Jungkook, looking at him with anger but also with a sense of guilt in my eyes.

"Alex, you are one of my most trusted men And Dave you too. That's why I gave you two this job.", I said while turning my head towards Dave also.

"Boss...we are really sorry that we disappointed you this time. Please give us a second chance. We will not at all disappoint you." ,Alex chirped to which Dave also nodded and agreed.

They never had a big ego to develop ill feelings towards their boss for that slap. Alex knew he had messed up this time and Dave felt the same being the second one incharge for the work.

I sighed and decided to give them a second chance to do their job properly as I saw them pleading for one.

"Fine! last chance.", I announced to which Alex and Dave gave me a wide smile and left my office room.

*End of POV*

Just as they left ,the door knob turned open to reveal the person who was sitting in the living room and also heard a bit of Jungkook's outburst.

"So, what's with the sour face?", Hoseok said entering the meeting room.

"Oh! It nothing." Jungkook said trying to sound normal averting his gaze from his piercing one.

"Cool...", he said turning around as if about to leave only to turn around and approach him, "You don't shout on our men for nothing. Just tell me Jungkook or you want the others to come and bug you.",
Hoseok said making a smug face as he knew that would only make things spicier.

"Shit you're such a pestering human being. Okay fine, I am telling.", with that Jungkook told him about all the things that he had done so far while hiding from the notice of others.