By My Side

Lucas POV

I held King close as I carefully watched Solae and Cyn sleep. He hugged me tight, like I was going to let him go. I had snapped foreal, and I was still beyond angry. My wife was one thing, my sister was another, but my kids? They created a whole new me.

I could've killed Ray, with my bare hands I could have killed him.

The doorbell rang and I carefully slid out of bed. King whined as I pushed him further up my hip, walking down the steps I opened the door to my mom.

Mom: hey baby." she smiled as King waved at her.

Me: hey Ma." I mumbled letting her in.

Mom: are they ready?" she said.

Me: yeah let me get Ro and S." I said placing King down. He hugged his grandmother as I went to the room for my twins. Ronan was up walking around and I bent down and grabbed his and King's bags. Jogging down the steps I handed King his bag and placed Ronan down.

Mom: son.." she called as I headed back upstairs.

Me: yes?"

Mom: everything is okay?" she said. I nodded my head reluctantly and went to go get my daughter. She was glued to her mother, and whined as I tried to take her off. It was like she knew her mother was hurt and wanted to be by her.

Me: S babygirl, come on." I cooed as she held onto Cyn's shirt.

Me: give mommy a kiss." I said. She bubbled her cheeks and kissed Cyn on the chin. Letting her go, she clung to me as I kissed all over her precious face. Grabbing her bags, I headed downstairs and placed her down.

Mom: Dre just dropped Syx off. He is in the car." she said as I helped get the kids bags in the car.

It was a foggy morning, and the grass and the pavement were damp as we walked on it. I saw Syx who was still pretty shaken up like King.

Picking up King I carried him to the car, and watched as Syx perked up as he saw his cousin.

Opening the door, I slid King beside Syx and rubbed Syx's curls. Grabbing Solae and Ronan, I placed them in the car seats as my mom hopped into the drivers seat.

Syx: uncle Lucas.." he said as I finished up.

Me: wassup kid?"

Syx: is aunty Cyn okay?" he said, making me look up. My mom looked back at me and I avoided her glance.

Me: she is fine Syx. Don't worry about her." I said kissing his cheek. I kissed my kids goodbye before going over and kissing my mom. Closing the doors, I waited as they pulled off, closing the gates behind them. Heading inside, I jogged up the stairs as I looked at the time on my watch.

I stared at Cyn as she breathed shallow. Ray had managed to break two of her ribs last night, and if you knew anything about broken ribs, they had to heal on their own.

Just thinking about seeing him on top of her like that set me a blaze. After last night, all bets were off, I had to get my kids to a safe space, but my wife was staying with me.

I squatted down on the side of the bed as Cynthia slept a few inches from my lips. Leaning in I kissed her lips softly a few times before receiving a kiss back.

Me: can you get up for me babygirl.." I said against her lips. Her eyes stayed closed as I kissed her lips. She shook her head no as I pulled her covers back. Looking at her ribs, I gritted my teeth as her entire stomach was purple, you could see the swollen rib cage as it poked out, placing my hand on it as she flinched and groaned.