chapter 5

Gigi's POV

Let me guess... Right now, you must be thinking I've finally realized I should have compassion for Crystal Methyd. Not at all. Really, treating her like this is pure strategy. Crystal must've thought all her life that I loathe her, so if I treat her with kindness, she will realize I don't hate her, and perhaps leave me alone the whole week. And so far, it's working perfectly.

After all my classes ended, it was finally time to get on the bus. Luckily, the partners to ride the bus with were chosen by the students, so I got to ride the bus next to Jackie and Plastique. I don't know what would I do if I had to ride the bus next to Crystal: she'd probably fidget all the way to Alaska. Disgusting.

✧˖*°࿐

Crystal's POV

I excitedly walked inside the bus, with Jaida and Widow by my side. We were talking about how exhilarated we were about this trip. As I sat down, in between Jaida and Widow, I turned my head and glanced my eye at Gigi, as soon as she noticed me, she friendly waved and smiled at me. Jaida must've spotted me, because she hit my shoulder, making me turn to her.

''Guys, I'm such an idiot: I forgot to ask you who your roommates are!'' I exclaim, praying Jaida didn't bring up the fact that she caught me staring at Gigi... again.

''Mine is Plastique. Ugh, I couldn't have asked for someone worse. She'll probably wander off talking about shoes or something...'' Widow confessed.

''Child, it really can't be worse than mine: Rock M. Sakura! She'll suffocate me with her farts within the first day.'' Jaida complained, and we all laughed.

The rest of the ride was really similar to that: laughs, chat, gossip, and occasional glances at Gigi.

Finally, after 5 hours of riding the bus, we arrived at our Alaskan cottages. I dash my way outside the bus, and I collected my bags, which were inside the trunk. Suddenly, I felt a shock of reality. The awaited moment had finally arrived! Whatever was about to happen, I was determined to make the most of this experience. Right when I was about to enter my cottage, I bumped into Plastique and Jackie.

''Watch your step, fucktard!'' Plastique complained, which made me back off immediately.

''I'm sorry, Plastique. I'll be more careful next time...''

''Don't be sorry, Crystal. It's really not your fault. I apologize in behalf of Plastique.'' Jackie said, as she patted my shoulder. I think Widow and Jaida think Gigi's like Plastique, but I think she's more like Jackie. Well, I'll have all week to find out, I guess...

✧˖*°࿐

Gigi's POV

I opened my cottage's door, and entered it. I immediately gasped when I realized Crystal hadn't arrived yet, since this meant I'd get a little extra time for myself. I hurried up, put my bags on the bed, and unpacked it all: clothes, make up, skin care products... As soon as I finished, I sat down on the bed, right next to the empty suitcase, and looked around the room: basil green and tawny brown walls, two wooden dressing tables and an ivory beige boudoir. But wait...

''Just one bed?!'' I said, standing up, distraught. Indeed, in the whole room, there was only one bed, a beautiful king bed, with a cream headboard.

''This bed is gorgeous, but there has to be one missing...'' I thought. I opened my bedroom door, and peeked to see if anyone was outside. I only saw Mr. Dankworth. Perfect. The bitter, old curmudgeon will know what happened.

''Hey Mr. Dankworth!'' I say, with my friendliest tone. Honestly, I've gotten better with it: all this fake kindness to Crystal has really helped me improve.

''Oh, hi Gigi. I didn't see you there.'' He replied. Lies, I made eye contact with him when I was standing behind the door.

''Erm... I think something's wrong with the bedroom assigned to me. There's only one bed, and not two.'' I confess.

''Hi! Sorry for the delay, these bags are real heavy!'' Before Mr. Dankworth can answer to me, Crystal Methyd appears out of nowhere, chanting non-sense, per usual.

''No worries, Crystal, you arrived just in time, this is for you too: there wasn't much budget this year, so that's why you'll have to be sharing a bed. Don't worry, it's a king-sized bed, pretty big. Is that okay for you two?''

''Yeah, of course. I don't mind, do you, Gigi?''

Of course Crystal didn't mind: I think she has a huge crush on me, so I bet she's, like, exhilarated and internally hopping from joy. But I'm a goode girl (sometimes), and I don't share beds, specially not with a lez. So now, not only will I be stuck in the same room as Crystal Methyd, for a week; but also we'll be sleeping on the same bed. Isn't that fun?!

''Gigi?'' I heard Mr. Dankworth call my name.

''Yeah?'' I quickly reply.

''Crystal asked if you mind sharing the bed with her.'' What a stupid question. Of course I mind! But what difference does it make... I don't have any other option anyway.

''Of course not.'' I said, with my good girl tone.

''Brilliant. Then you two young ladies can go unpack. Get comfy and have a great time!'' Mr. Dankworth said, as Crystal and I turned, and headed to our bedroom.

''I'm trying, but it's hard with this desperate wretch drooling all over me.'' I think.