chapter 8

Crystal's POV

It hurts me to see Gigi suffer like this. We barely know each other and we are so different, yet so similar, but still we have bonded so quickly. I trust Gigi, and I think she trusts me as well. I've always been so afraid and apprehensive, but today when I saw that lout treat Gigi like that, something rose in me; I steeled myself and yelled the truth at him. I had never done anything like that before, but it was like Gigi's presence had forced me to do something to protect her (and maybe impress her too). Gigi was my shield.

As we walked back to our cottage, Gigi cried and sobbed. A lot. But that was okay: because I was there to solace her. I had my arms wrapped all over her tiny body the whole way; her head was leaning on my shoulder, and her hair smelled incredible. Once we got back to the cottage, Gigi looked a lot better: she wasn't crying anymore, and her face had gone from an intense scarlet red to her usual pale cream beige. She sat on the bed, and I sat next to her. I held her hand with both of mine, and immediately after, she put her head on my lap, facing me.

''Crys, can I tell you something?'' Gigi shyly asked.

''Surely, darling. What is it?'' I said as I ran my fingers through her glossy blond maine.

''I think I'm crushing on a girl...'' Gigi whispered, under her breath.

''You have a crush on a girl?!'' I screamed and moved my legs, and hit Gigi's head.

''Ouch!'' Gigi cried, as she sat down.

''Sorry, sorry. I'm just....shocked.'' I patted the back of Gigi's head.

''Thanks, Crystal. I knew you'd understand.'' She laughed sarcastically, and I playfully hit her shoulder.

''If I may ask... Who is it?'' I asked, intrigued.

''It's someone you know.'' Gigi said, in a ''duh'' tone.

''Oh...'' I suddenly became disappointed, and I think Gigi saw that. I was disillusioned because I thought Gigi was talking about me; so not did she only have a crush on someone else, but also that someone else was somebody I knew.

''You can tell me who is it, and I'll plan a date for the two of you if you want...'' I said, reluctantly.

''Crystal, have I ever told you, you have the prettiest eyes ever?'' Gigi completely ignored my last comment and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear as she said this.

''Gigi, my whole life has been a real ordeal, until I met you!'' I mocked her, and Gigi pushed me onto the bed, as she laughed. I rose and came closer to her. She put her hand on my thighs, and I wrapped my right arm around her waist. This was the closest I had ever been to Gigi Goode: I didn't want to fuck up in front of her. At this point, I was pretty sure we were both on the same page on what we wanted to do. I loved Gigi Goode. I didn't want to say it just yet to avoid scaring her, but I did love her.

It was, again, just a matter of millimeters between our lips, and I wanted to change that. I took the initiative and finally joined my lips with hers, resulting in a tender kiss. Gigi tasted even better than what she smelled: Starry strawberry honey gloss and peppermint. There was nowhere I would rather be other than there, with her! I felt a similar sensation to when I first saw Gigi at History class. The tingles started at my toes and grew all over my body. This was the best sensation ever.

✧˖*°࿐

Gigi's POV

Right now, I was doing something that, the old Gigi, would've never even thought about doing; but, at the same time, something the new Gigi had been wanting to do since she arrived in Alaska. Crystal Methyd had changed me for good.

I now knew what was this I felt whenever I was near Crystal: Love. My internalized homophobia had forced me to suppress my feelings for Crystal and replace them with hatred towards her. But now, I don't give a fuck about what others will say, because I am, in fact, in love with Crystal Methyd.

We mutually separated from the kiss, and I stared at Crystal's big brown eyes for what seemed like a thousand years.

''So... I think I know who's this girl you're talking about.'' She finally broke the eternal silence and made me burst into laughter. This girl had driven me crazy... in a good way, obviously.