chapter 17

Gigi's POV

I can't believe what just happened. Just when I thought nothing could disturb my girlfriend and me in the peak of our relationship, my dumbass teacher and my idiotic ex-best friend had to become allies to see us suffer. At the end of the day, it's my fault: Crystal did nothing to deserve this. She's a sweet soul, unable to hurt even a fly; it's not her fault that I get in so much trouble with people. But now, it's all done: I've dragged Crystal into what seems to be the outcome of my little whim, and both of us are going to be punished.

''What do you think he's going to do?'' Crystal locked me out of my thoughts.

''Huh?'' I said, looking up to her beautiful face that now was full of sorrow and regret. I wanted to cherish this as much as possible: who knows if this was going to be the last time I'd see her in a long time.

''I mean, what punishment do you think the old, bitter curmudgeon is going to give us?'' Crystal said as she put the suitcase she had brought from her home on top of the bed.

''I have no idea. Maybe make us clean the cafeteria or leave us outside in the cold, all night, so he can hang our corpses in a showcase and tell the tourists we were heroes.'' I muttered, making her laugh. Even though my comment was essentially a joke, I feared something similar would happen to us.

''Well, I think he's going to be a little bit hard on us, and just send us to different rooms, apart from each other. I mean, the main reason we got in trouble, after all, is because we got caught being, erm... too close.''

''That's one way to put it.'' I smiled and kissed Crystal for, what I thought could be the last time.

''Crystal, I'm hungry! And bored.'' I yelled to her, even though she was only across the room.

''I am too!'' She replied.

''AND we can't fuck!'' I complained.

''We can't fucking fuck, Geeg.'' Crystal said, making both of us laugh. I loved the fact that even though we were in huge trouble with our teacher and we'd find out our punishment within the next couple of minutes, Crystal and I were having a blast.

''Well, Geeg, I can't do much for the bored part, but I do have something here that I'm sure will make your tummy really happy.'' Crystal said, as she stood up and walked towards her stuff.

''Cryssie, I swear that if you pull something not edible out of there, I'll lose my fucking mind.''

''No, silly girl: Look!'' Crystal said, handing me a bag of fruit candy. I had never seen those before, and, trust: I'm a big bonbon fanatic. I mean, I have Crystal: you can't say I have bad taste.

''What's that!'' I asked, leaning forward.

''Ha, they're just these comfits my mom gave me the day we left. She told me to eat them whenever I felt dizzy, to turn up my sugar; but the opportunity hadn't been given yet... until now.'' Crystal said, as she opened the bag up, and sat down on the bed. She turned the bag over, dropping each of the treats onto the bed.

''Let's sort them by colors!'' I said, squeaking like a little girl.

It took Crystal and me 8 whole minutes to sort out the candy, mainly because of the number of little sweets and different colors. Once we did finish, I felt proud of myself... but also very hungry.

''Ahh, at last!'' I said, taking a handful of red treats. Crystal did the same with the green ones.

''Oooh... How do these taste?'' I said, pointing at the pile of purple sweets when they were the only ones left.