Unintentional Secret

A/N: I had watched the entire first season of "Trolls: TrollsTopia", and I LOVE it! Then, I saw that there were some people that were a little bit concerned with the lack of Broppy moments, now that they're a couple; and there were some haters towards one of the new characters.

Well, I hope to clear some of that up with a theory I came up with, thinking about this dilemma, and with the help of a scene from another DreamWorks series based off another beloved franchise, and another one of my favorite movies ever. Let's see if you guys can catch the reference.

A little warning, though. There are some spoilers in here, so read at your own risk, and I would recommend to watch the season first. Now, let's get on with the story. And action!

She didn't know. That was what Poppy kept on mentally telling herself as she slowly walked around the village upon her return from Lonesome Flats. She really wasn't paying attention where she wanted to go, she just needed to walk around to try and clear her head.

She didn't know. She kept up the mental chanting in her mind, her fists slightly beginning to clench. And yet, it felt kind of.... wrong hearing those words.

"My really good friend."

Normally, in any case, those words wouldn't bother her much. Actually, not at all. But in this case, they were more like a bitter pill to swallow; almost like the nasty medicine she had to learn to take when she started to become a teenager and had to learn that not everything has to taste like cotton candy or berries.

The reason why she was feeling so.... frustrated, for lack of a better word, with herself at the moment was because she had been talking about a certain bunker-owning Troll with a sarcastic wit, a very realistic sense of reason, and the voice of an angel.

Branch was more than just her really good friend; more than her best friend, actually. And that was saying something, since the Pop Troll queen has a lot of best friends of all kinds; from within her home of Pop Village, to the Country Trolls in Lonesome Flats, to the Techno Trolls in Techno Lagoon, and all the way to the Rock Trolls over in Volcano City. Heck, she even had Bridget, who is a Bergen; who are the former enemies of the Pop Trolls, as one of her very best friends!

But the paranoid survivalist Troll was a slightly different story. Branch was her boyfriend.

Never in her life did Poppy think that she would be in a relationship with the most unlikeliest of Trolls. Oh, who was she kidding? She had pretty signed up for it the moment she decided that she was going to do her very best to befriend the loner Pop Troll back when they were children, and his colors were still dull and gray.

Branch had always been intriguing, mysterious, odd. He never did anything that the other Pop Trolls did, always keeping to himself, and was actually pretty smart for someone his age. His little oddities and grumpy behaviors just kept drawing her in, no matter how many times he would try to push her away and the number of times that a lot of the Pop Trolls saying to her that he was a lost cause.

True, there were times that his unusual quirks and pessimistic attitude got on her nerves as well, but she knows that there is a softer side to the former village grump. He had wanted to feel loved and happy again for so long, but he had kept drowning himself in sorrow and guilt because he felt like he didn't deserve any joy after the tragic accident which resulted in the loss of his grandmother. But now, he is still being himself, but he is feeling happier than he, or anyone else in the village, thought he could be. And that alone was enough to make Poppy's spirits soar.

When she had reached the top of a hill at the outskirts of the village, she was surprised to see that Branch was lying down on the grass, eyes shut, humming quietly to himself, his hands placed behind his head.