Cheater

"Why?" 

He looked away from me. He hasn't met my eyes since she kissed him. And he kissed back.

"I don't know," he bit his lip,"but, Star, sweetheart, I didn't mean to, I promise. It was a mistake. I made a mistake. I lo," I looked up at him  and immediately put my hand over his mouth.

Tears fell down my cheeks as he finally made eye contact with me. He could see it. My chest was pained at the thought of him. I still liked him, and maybe that could have grown into love, but you can't cheat, especially on a girl who had trouble trusting anyways. A girl who doesn't give her heart out easy. 

"No one has ever hurt me like this," I stared at him. Each tear cascaded down like rain,"no one ever claimed to have cared about me and stabbed me in the back. No one has ever made me think like you. No one has ever made me question myself like you. I have never felt so strongly for someone. Barely anyone cared about me. You were the first person I let in and you broke me. How can I trust anyone anymore?" 

I let my hand fall from his face. My arms wrapped around myself. I see him try to touch me but I flinch back. I hated this. I was crying over a boy. 

"If you care about me the way you think you do, then you would have pushed her away the moment she kissed you." 

He looked down. I could tell he regretted it but he did it and you can't go back in time and fix that. 

"Star, I promise I will never hurt you again, just please don't leave me." 

I couldn't leave him, he was still my bestfriend. 

"I'll still be here but maybe we need a break from each other," I hesitated as his eyes light up," then we can be friends again." 

I noticed his eyes dim a little but he kept a small half smile on his face. 

"Better than nothing." 

We stood there staring at each other. Tears fell from both of our cheeks. For a moment, it was like nothing had changed, we were still us and happy. We weren't about to go on a break. We were ready to head back to the castle and cuddle. I let my mind think about it before moving away from him. I let go of the one person who made me believe maybe love was for me. 

So, if you see any mistakes(meaning any wrong names) it's because this was a story for two of the main characters of a book I'm writing. I thought this was a good one to use.

Sorry it's a little short!

Also, you don't have to, but I'm 15 away from two hundred followers! If you could vote and follow that would be great, thank you!

Also special suprise if we get to two hundred!