Chapter 3: An Interesting Girl

The alarm beeped loudly, I forced myself to get up. I go over my phone to see if there's anything new on the news, there's nothing in particular that's eye catching just forecast saying it'll rain. I peer outside of my apartment to see that's it's already raining, I pull out my phone and texted Jerry.

Y/N:"Jerry?"

Typing..

Jerry:"Yes, Mr Y/N?"

Y/N:"I will be going to school on my own and same goes for returning home. So this means a day off for you."

Typing..

Jerry:"Understood Mr Y/N. Text me if any business comes up and you need me. Have a pleasant day at school!"

Y/N:"Yes of course, thank you Jerry."

Typing..

Jerry:"Your very much welcome Mr Y/N."

I switched my off my phone after the conversation and got ready for school. I decided to stop by a bakery to have breakfast, I grabbed my umbrella and headed to school, the sound of the rain was rather soothing to me. I'd rather spend my time not going to school today and relax at home with a cup of tea or coffee, but I couldn't miss this day of school since my gut feeling told me something exciting is about to happenend today.

I stopped by the bakery and bought a Melonpan, I ate it while walking to school, after finishing I threw the plastic into the trash bin. I finally reached the gate of the school and there I see Yumeko walking inside, I quickly ran up to her and walk beside her.

Yumeko:"Oh! Good morning Y/N san!" She said happily.

Y/N:"Good morning to you too Yumeko chan! Shall we head to class together?"

Yumeko:"Sure why not, I don't see the problem."

We chatted for awhile, as we entered the building I shake off the excess water on my umbrella before closing it. I made my way to the classroom along with Yumeko, I sat down in my chair and waited for the teacher. I never really talk to anyone in class except outside of class. Finally the teacher arrived, it was rather late when she finally arrived but we started the class like normal.

-Timeskip-

It was lunch time and I made my way to lunch along with Yumeko and Ryota, Mary was nowhere to be found. I know she entered school today because I saw her in class but I didn't see her exit the class. I ignored it and chatted with Ryota and Yumeko, we reached the cafeteria and bought our own food I didn't want to eat lunch so I just bought a sandwich for lunch.

I was chomping down my sandwich while talking to Yumeko and Ryota, a presumably first year came up to our table. She was particularly staring at Yumeko.

???:"Hello there, my name is Itsuki Sumeragi. Aren't you Yumeko Jabami?" She asks.

Yumeko:"Yes, I am what can I do for you, Sumeragi san?"

Itsuki:"I would like to gamble with you, if you are up to it that is."

Yumeko:"I would love to!"

Itsuki lead Yumeko to the second, me and Ryota followed them. I brought along my sandwich to see Yumeko gamble first hand, I gotta admit the sandwich is pretty damn good for a cafeteria kind. We reached the second floor where there was table witch a deck of cards and a few bookshelves nearby. Itsuki and Yumeko is already at the table when I arrived with my sandwich, as soon as I arrived with Ryota trailing behind, Yumeko asked Itsuki.

Yumeko:"Sumeragi san? What are we playing?"

Itsuki:"We are playing Double Memory."

Yumeko:"Oh! How do we play?"