Chapter 4: The Unsurprising Failure

You finally woke up get ready and went to school like usual. The weather was quite nice and cloudy, not a lot of people we're going to work today which is weird. Like usual, I put away my outdoor shoes, changed into my indoor shoes and walked to class. A few people people were chatting among themselves, I finally got inside my classroom and put all of my stuff down before going to the bending machine to get a drink. The vending machine is actually quite far from my class and since I'm a little too early for school. I decoded to take the long way there as it was a really nice morning and the air was cold and moist When I arrived I saw Ryota leaning over the vending machine , drinking. I make my way to the vending machine and he immediately noticed me walking over and waved in to which I waved back.

Ryota:"Y/N"

Y/N:"Hey Ryota!" as I walked up to the vending machine

Ryota:"Hey, you're here early." as he took a swig from his drink

Y/N:"Eh, is it that early." as I scan through the drink choices.

Ryota:"Yeah, we got like half an hour before homeroom, the teacher is always late so we got a couple of minutes to spare."

Y/N:"Mhm,well you're not wrong there."

As I finally settled for green tea as my drink of choice. I inserted the correct amount and clicked it. A few moments late it fell into the chute, I crouched down to get it then stood back up. I make my way beside Ryota, leaned my body against the wall. I opened the cap of the bottle and take a swig, the refreshing herbal green tea went down my throat quite easily, though at the end of each gulp it tasted a little sweet.

-3rd POV-

You and Ryota chatted near the vending machine watching the students pass by. Every now and then both of you drink. A few moments later a girl with very light-skinned girl of average height with long white hair that she wears in two knotted rings with ribbons entwined in them and long bangs that has two locks of hair on either side that come down to her chin, square bangs hanging over her eyebrows, blue eyes and it is shown to wear a shade of blue lipstick and blue painted nails, wearing the usual Hyakkaou Private Academy school uniform rounded the corner with Sayaka walking behind her.

You look at her in awe, she noticed your gaze and shot you a look, her piercing blue eyes shot through you like spears. As you look into her eyes you could see a glint of narcissism appear. You thought it would be fun to gamble with a person like her, she quickly turn her head away and continued walking away disappearing as she turn the corner. You look at Ryota to see his eyes like deer in headlights, it was abit confusing,

Ryota:"I really thought I was going to die.'" as he breathe a sigh of relieve

Y/N:"What? Why? Who is she?"

Ryota:"That is the student council president, Kirari Momobami. She became the student council president in her first year after defeating the previous student council president." He said

Y/N:"Oh, isn't that interesting. I would love to gamble with her someday..."

Ryota:"What?! Are you crazy?! Even the most talented gamblers couldn't beat her!"

Y/N:"Oh, Ryota I am absolutely insane. The aftermath is what makes it fun could I be plunge into despair or win everything. The faces of people who were plunge into despair is absolutely divine." your lips curling into a small smile.

Ryota:"Uh..." he didn't know what to answer so in the end he stayed quiet.

Y/N:"Let's go class will be starting soon." As you finish your green tea and throwing it into the trash bin.