Heartless

"so you were going to let us die!" Emma screamed "emma calm down" norman said trying to hush her.

"Yes is that a problem?" I asked confused. "Yes it is! We don't want to die! We are family and family doesn't leave each other!" She screamed

"Well I'm glad I never had a family. It's pointless anyways. If you try to escape. It will be like it was today. You will get caught and you will be sold as food" I said blankly.

"You sound like you've experienced it" ray said starting at me. "I guess you could say that. The farm I came from would make the best. Even if the children were dum. Some people would try and escape but end up failing." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"So just because others failed doesn't mean we can't try" Emma said calming down. "Why would you want to? You have a good life. Even if you die in the end. At least you had a good life before it." I said

The girl with glasses cried "your heartless!" She screamed at me. I rolled my eyes "probably but there is no end to the pain. Sometimes you must be numb to get through." I said with a creepy smile.

They looked afraid. "I hope y'all have a good night. I will help if you need anything. I may not think it's a good idea but you seem vary hard headed. Good luck" I said waving.

I walked to my room. I looked at all the kids. They slept peacefully. Light snores could be here.

I slowly fell asleep.

I woke up to a kid on my stomach. "Wake up time for dinner" she said smiling. I smile back and nodded.

I grabbed my note book  and went down stairs. "Morning f/n" there mother said. I nodded and wrote good morning back.

Emma glared at me. I just smiled at her. I sat beside them. 'you know you should stop glaring. Your mother will get suspicious. I don't want any trouble' I wrote

She sighed and nodded. Ray looked at me suspiciously. I wrote a ?. He motioned for me to follow him.

We walked to the back of the library.

"Look f/n I need I want to know what happened?" He said. I sighed 'later when we can speak alone.' I wrote. He nodded "meet me later after we eat." He said going back to eat.

We finished eating and there mother called me over. "F/n I need to talk to you" she said. I followed her.

She sat at her desk. "I know you can talk and I know you know about the farm" she said. I looked at her shocked. "How?" I asked

"That doesn't matter. What I called you in here for is to make a deal. You and emma are candidates to become a mother but first I need to know I can let you." She said smiling.

"So you want me to be a mother?" I asked confused. "sort of you see I can no longer trust my mole anymore. If you want I can make you a mother of you follow everything I say." She said.

I glared at her. "You really think I would ever want to be a mother like you. Hahaha I don't know who is stupider you are my last mother. I'm not your dog and Id rather die." I said angry.

I walked out of her room and up to find ray. I hear him and norman talking. Norman then walks out.

I go to ray. He seemed stressed. "You ok?" I asked sitting beside him. "Ya I'll be fin. Now time for some answers." he said. I sighed "what would you like to know?" I asked.

"What happened to your other mother?" He asked. "I killed her" I said. He looked at me shocked. "Why?" He asked.

"She would hurt us. If we lost a game or messed up on a test. She would beat us. One day I got tired of it." I said looking away.

I felt arms around my stomach. he pulled my head into his shoulder. "You've been through a lot. I'm so sorry it happened to you." He said holding me close.

I sighed and melted into his hug. I started to get tired. "I think I'll go to bed" I said getting up. "You can stay in here tonight. I'll say phil wanted you to stay." He said blushing a little.

I laughed and sat back down. "Ok but only because I don't want to deal with Emma's rath." I said

Phil then comes in. "Yay! F/n is staying over tonight!" He screamed jumping on me. I laughed and he clung into me. I slowly fell asleep in rays arms. With Phil in mine.