4: Enter the Party

Here's where the story really begins to follow the plot of the film, pretty much exactly, but with (y/n) inserted into the whole palaver... also I LIVE for Todoroki wearing that damn suit, he looks too damn good.

 I had about half an hour to get ready, so I decided to hop straight in the shower and wash as quick as I could. Thankfully I had shaved the night prior, so I just focused on my hair and body before coming out and starting on my makeup. I kept on checking my currently charging phone, making sure I was staying on time for when Todoroki would knock for me. I had decided to go for neutral tones with my makeup, to prevent my overall look being too over the top.

When I stepped out of the bathroom I spent a moment looking at the hung up dress. I pulled together every inch of confidence I had and slipped into it, it suiting me just as well as I remembered it doing back in the shop, yet for some reason my confidence was slipping. I had never been to a fancy party before, and I was scared that I didn't look good enough for such an event. Doubts were swirling in my mind but I still slipped into my heels, looking at my full outfit in the mirror.

A knock on my door made me jump, and I realised it was time to go. "(y/n)? Are you ready?" He called through the door.

"J-just- er - go on without me, I'll catch up," I called back to him.

"Are you sure? I don't want to leave you behind-,"

"No really, it's okay. I'll be there in about ten minutes, you go ahead and let Iida now," I said as convincingly as I could.

"Alright... see you in a bit," he called. I let out a sigh of relief as I looked back at my reflection, trying to tell myself repeatedly that I'd be okay, and that this was going to be a good, fun evening where I'd even possibly get to dance with Todoroki. Annoyingly however the thought of the other girls flooded into my mind, and I realised that they'd probably look much better than I do.

I sat on the edge of my bed, head in my hands, knowing that I did have to go. I was looking forward to it so much earlier on, how could I be doubting myself now? 'It's the outfit,' I thought, looking down at it. 'What if it's not good enough... what if it's not pretty enough... what if I'm not pretty enough?' These questions swirled in my mind on repeat until I had had enough.

I stood up sharply, making my body move before my mind could stop it. I shoved my phone and some money into a clutch bag, wrapped it around my body and because it was summer I didn't need a jacket, so exited the hotel without looking back. I waved my hand out, catching the attention of a passing taxi who took me straight to the I-Island tower.

Up close the structure was incredibly intimidating, and I wondered how many floors the building had. It had a triangular exterior that seemed to curve inwards a bit as the tower climbed higher and higher, then at the top there were two rounded structures, connected by three pillars. It was a true architectural masterpiece, and I knew it was primarily use for research. It was the main hub for the scientists on the island.

I stepped into the reception of the building, seeing many people already there dressed in fancy suits and dresses. I wove my way through the people and gave my ticket to the people at the desks, them then telling me that the party was in the reception on floor two. They allowed me access into the building, and I carried on walking away from the crowds and towards a row of lifts.

My phone buzzed in my bag and I pulled it out to see a text from Todoroki.

Todoroki - Are you okay? x

19:06

Me - Yeah, sorry, I'm just coming up the lifts now. I didn't realise how late I was x