chapter ten

"I can't believe you talked me into this!" Bonnie groans. I stopped digging, turning to glare at her.

"Girl shut the hell up! We need this grimoire, or Emily and Qetisyah will have our asses. Besides, shithead Damon doesn't need it. So, suck it up and keep digging!"

Bonnie sighs and continues to dig. We were digging up Daddy Salvatore's grave to get Emilys' grimoire.

"It still wrong; we're robbing a dead man's grave!"

I rolled my eyes and called out to Kol. "Is everything alright up there, Kol?!"

He peered over the edge of the grave. "Coast is still clear! My question is, why are you digging? Aren't you two witches?"

"Shut the hell up, Kol, before I bury your ass in this grave! Keep watch!"

He frowned, "you are such a b-"

"Say it so I can blast your ass back to the Other Side! Say it, Kol Mikaelson!"

He said nothing in return.

"You are incredibly idiotic, brother." Finn's voice speaks after a minute of silence.

"That's what I thought!" I turned back to digging. A few minutes later, my shovel hit something. "We finally reached it!"

Bonnie throws down her shovel, waving her hand. I swept the rest of the dirt covering the grave to the side, and Giuseppe Salvatores' wooden coffin was revealed.

"Are you going to do the honors, O?" I nodded, waving my hand.

Giuseppe's coffin opened. Bonnie covered her mouth, letting out a gag.

"This is disgusting and is so going to be one of the top five terrible things we've done. Grave robbing!"

Giuseppe was just bones but god, the smell coming from the grave. His hands were clutching Emily's' grimoire. "He was tryna guard the book even in death, huh."

I waved my hand again, lifting the book with magic, gilding it towards me, letting out a sigh of relief, only to choke as the smell got to me.

"Need help?" Kols' outstretched hand was in my face. I took his hand as Bonnie grabbed Finns' hand. He pulled both of us up and out of the grave. Bonnie closed the grave, using magic to make the grave look undisturbed.

"Never again are we going grave robbing. That was the longest hour of my life!"

~~~

"Hold still, baby," Shelia comments as she braids Bonnies' hair. I made Bonnie get her hair done; Momma did mine last night after returning from our daily night of grave robbing.

"Why did you pick box braids of all things?!" Bonnie groans, face scrunched up as Aunt Shelia adjusted her hair once again.

"Oh, shut up and deal with it. It would be best if you had this hairstyle. I'm so sick of seeing you walk around with that fucked up hair. You need your hair done, and I'm not talking about putting a relaxer and flat iron it in."

I refuse to have Bonnie walking around, looking like a hot mess. Whoever did Bonnies' hair and wardrobe hated her character on the show. She was a fucking beautiful, had a nice ass body, and had it hid under those granny clothes.

"These fit you nicely," Kol comments as he appears beside me. He reaches forward to touch my hair. "You put your grimy ass hands in my hair, and I'm gonna fuck you up, ghost or not."

Shelia snorts, shaking her head. "You and that boy are something else. I'm almost done, baby. Let me get your edges."

"It's just hair, little witch. I'll let you touch mine. Fairtrade, isn't it?" Kol grins.