chapter twenty

"Katerina." Elijah greets as the doppelganger turns around. Her eyes widened in horror and shock at the sight of him.

"Elijah! H-how? When did you get here?" Her eyes narrow as she catches sight of me behind him. "You! You're the reason everything is all fucked up!"

I smile, waving mockingly. "Hello, Kitty Kat." Caroline rushes over to my side, watching the two. "Your plans aren't so hot now, are they? I heard you were threatening my girl and brought you a little surprise. Do you like it?"

Katherine snarls, eyes flashing. What is with these vampires and thinking that showing off their pointy little teeth was scary?

"You know she wanted me to kidnap Elena? She really thought I'd take the time out of my day and kidnap Elena. I have better things to do." Caroline rolls her eyes, scoffing.

"I'd say it was nice to meet you, little Bennett, but I'd be lying. It's a shame you aren't anything like your dear cousin, Lucy. A baby witch and her little vampire, what can you do against me?"

Of course, I'm not. I'm not screwing you and wouldn't touch you with a ten-foot pole. Doppelgängers aren't my type.

"Don't worry about us, Kitty Kat. Worry about the pissed off Original you've got in your face." I reply as Katherine takes notice of Elijah once again. He grabs her by her neck, lifting her in the air. She let out a chocked gasp, clawing at his hands.

"I've waited over four hundred years for this, Katerina."

Caroline and I exchange looks, both silently agreeing to leave Elijah alone with Katherine. I'm hoping he won't kill her, but the rage on his face says differently.

~~~

"Ororo, we need your help," Stefan speaks as soon as I open my front door. What the hell were these three doing on my doorstep at six in the evening. Who is we?

"Sir, business hours are between ten am and five o'clock. I can't help you." I go to close the door, but Damon's hand stops me.

"Look, Bennett, your little vampire Barbie is in trouble, and so is your cousin."

Hearing that Care and Bonnie were in trouble causes the fogginess to leave my mind. "What the fuck you mean Bon and Care are in trouble? What did you morons do?"

"Us? We did nothing to blondie! Nobody told her to snack on a human in front of her mom and kill the others!"

Caroline's bloodlust spell must have worn off. Taking in the Salvatore's appearance, it looked like they'd been through hell. Caroline and Elena stood behind them. Caroline was in obvious distress.

"Care, get in here, and we'll figure the rest out. If that's all, have a good day." Caroline flashes inside before I go to close the door.

"I still need your help, Rochelle!" Damon calls out. I barely controlled my frustration, snatching the door back open.

"What, Damon? What is it?!" Stefan and Elena look taken back as I snapped. I had to get to Caroline, and these fuckers were holding me up!

"Mason Lockwood is a werewolf, isn't he?" I shrug, not giving him a definite answer.

"I don't know, nor do I care. Why is it any of your concern? He isn't bothering you. From what I've seen, he's more interested in Bonnie than anything."

"It's my concern when he's a threat to Elena."

I close my eyes as a pounding headache form. "Leave Mason alone, Salvatores."

"Ororo, you don't understand he can hurt Bonnie or worse, Elena! It weird that he and Katherine came into town at the same time. They've got to be up to something." Stefan protests.