Chapter 34: Slumber

"GIRLS, WHY DON'T you go to your rooms and change into pajamas, and then we'll have a girls night downstairs?" A pleasant Rachel suggested.

"Okay," we agreed and walked back upstairs.

"Make sure you take your makeup off and brush your teeth before you come back downstairs," she called up after us too.

I grumbled a bit in my mind, but just shrugged about that one internally. That was a motherly thing to be saying, but not really something you had to tell us. I was just entering my door though when I realized I had a problem, just as Alyssa was the last girl to close her door. There wasn't just a zipper on the top of the dress; somehow a flap had been worked in to hide the zipper from view. I was about to go knock on Alyssa's door when Rachel walked to the top of the stairs.

"Need help?" Rachel asked.

I sighed and nodded, "It's a pretty dress, but why did you build in the top button?" I asked as she undid the back of the dress for me.

"I've always liked hiding seams as much as possible," she answered. "If you'd like, I'll show you some more of my designs tomorrow?"

For some reason I thought I would actually enjoy that, "Sure," I said with a smile.

She stayed long enough to pull the dress over the top of my head, placed it on a hanger and left. Thankfully the door had been closed, or I had a feeling Dad might have had a show he didn't want to see. 'Not that Dad didn't see more of me in the hospital than he wanted to,' I grimaced to myself. It was a moment later that I noticed a pair of pretty pink satin pajamas sitting on top of my bed. They looked like they were really comfortable, and as I held the fabric, I couldn't help but try them on. The pants had a simple elastic waist, and they were a very simple design.

The top was a satin camisole that had a band that stopped just below my breasts and supported them a negligible amount. The cami fully covered my breasts, and I thought it was one of the more modest ones I'd seen. The satin material was soft and really comfy! There was a small band of white lace sewn into the area at the top of the neck opening, and a matching white lace fringe sewn along the bottom edge as well. 'It's like a more innocent Victoria's Secret set,' I mused as I looked at myself in the mirror. I suddenly remembered that my pad probably needed to be changed again, and went to go take care of that. It was just as used as before, and I was glad that there was a thicker one for tonight. 'I'll have to get Dad to take me shopping tomorrow,' I thought. As much as it would embarrass him, I was still leery of Rachel.

As I finished up, I washed my makeup off, brushed my teeth and went downstairs to the family room where I could hear my friends talking. The girls and Rachel were all identically dressed to me. Well, Rachel was a little bit different since hers was lacking the lace, but other than that even hers was the same. "I was wondering if you'd fallen asleep or something," Rachel teased.

"Just had to use the restroom," I said.

"Everything okay?" She asked, I guess maybe concerned I was sick.

"Umm... yeah," I answered. I didn't feel like talking about periods with Rachel.

"Okay, you girls probably shouldn't stay up too late," she said, "but... I thought we could watch a movie together or something."

I looked at her again and wondered what was going on. Something about all of this just felt weird and wrong after all of the history between us. Her smile just seemed too perfect.

"Sounds like fun," I found myself answering with my friends adding their approval.

"Okay, well we're missing a few guests I think," Rachel said. I stared at her like she was truly an alien from another planet, and she figured I was as clueless as I was, "Your dolls?" She said with a smile.