I want it all with you, I want it all with them

America POV

We probably would have held each other for hours if we didn't hear a camera click. I looked up to see May holding Maxon's camera and taking pictures. When she noticed us looking a her she shrugged before explaining, "Some of the others are dying to see you guys and the babies including me. Can I send them in? Mom's gonna flip if something doesn't happen soon, the babies probably have a better attention span than her." I laughed, of course Mom couldn't wait to see them. Astra was born over three years ago and she had been getting ancy on us to have a grandchild. I think it helped her fill the hole that she felt with Dad gone and May and Gerad being mostly grown-up.

"Of course, send them all in." I declared, she quickly left our room in the hospital wing as Maxon got out of bed.

"No, stay I like having you and her so close." I complained, he frowned like he wanted to but it wouldn't follow proper decorum even if these people were our closest friends and family.

"I know darling, but it's just a few hours and then the twins will go to sleep, people will retire to their rooms and it will be just you and me." he promised. I looked at him about to say that it will never be just us again, because the babies will need to be fed throughout the night and the country will need to be run. I was about to open my mouth to speak when my mom rushed in looking like she just gave birth instead of me. As much as I tried not to, a small giggle escaped my lips as she rushed over to Maxon and grabbed Eadlyn without saying a word.

"What?" she asked, looking perplexed as to what was so funny.

"Nothing, it's just that you don't even know her name and you're already cradling her like your her mother." I responded "Do you want to know her name, mom?"

She nodded eagerly, I looked at Maxon asking him with my eyes to tell her. Even though my mom and I don't get along great I still want her to approve of my decisions. In a way if she likes them then by extension, I know my Dad does. Maxon then got up to stand by my mom and looking down at Eadlyn he said, "This is Eadlyn Helena Margarete Schreave, the heir to the Illean throne." His expression was one of awe as if he couldn't believe it himself that he was a dad. My mom clearly didn't catch the moment as she immediately started talking loudly, managing to wake both Eadlyn and Ahren.

"Eadlyn, I like that, oh stop crying" she complained as she handed Eadlyn back to Maxon

And went over to me to take Ahren. "Now America who is this", I smiled but still looks at Maxon to tell.

"That Magda is Ahren Calix Schreave."

"Ahren" she spoke quieter, thank goodness she learned something from last time. Then looking up she asked "Where is everyone?"

"I'm not sure May said she was going to send everyone in. Did she not?"

"No, she said just me."

"Huh that's weird" I concluded

"I'll go get them." Maxon remarked as handed Eadlyn to me and left to go get the others. When he left Mom walked over and sat down before asking, "So, are you worried?"

I thought about it for a minute before earnestly responding. "Yeah I actually am. I mean I didn't just have a child I had two and on top of that they are royal and we have to raise them perfectly." I was about to say more when Maxon walked in with Aspen and Lucy. They were swiftly followed by Marlee, Carter and May who was holding Kile. I just hoped no one, especially Maxon, had heard my concerns.

"Oh America!" Marlee exclaimed making her way over to me "look at them they're going to be perfect playmates for Kile."

I was surprised to find Lucy speak up next, "So what are their names?"

I smiled, "The girl, that's Eadlyn Helena Margarete Schreave." I continued "And the boy is Ahren Calix Schreave."

Soon they all were talking and then Aspen spoke up, "So, who's older?."

I swallowed nervous about what was about to be said, "Eadlyn is by seven minutes."

"So?" he didn't have to complete that thought for me to know what he was asking. Maxon and I looked at each other before I finished.

"Eadlyn is the Heir and will be the first female to control the crown." They all looked stunned, did they really think that we would consider any other options? In the end it was Aspen who voiced his opinion first.

"I think it's amazing, progressive but amazing"

"it's long overdue" Maxon agreed. Soon all eyes landed on Eadlyn who was peacefully sleeping little did she know one day she would rule the world. We all visited for an hour or so, Marlee and Carter were the first to leave when Kile got fussy. Then May, Mom and Gerad left telling us they would tell Kota. I told them not to worry about it, Kota had only gotten worse and I didn't want my kids growing up around that. Lastly Aspen and Lucy left when a nurse came in with dinner and to help me feed the twins. It was harder work than I ever imagined and I was so relieved when Maxon finally set a tray in front of me. I lifted the lid to find soup, salad and my favorite bread. He then checked on the babies who were laying in a crib next to the hospital bed then grabbed his dinner and sat down to join me.

"So that went well today." He declared at the same time as asking me that question.

"I think it went very well, everyone adored them, to be honest so do I."

He smiled, "I know exactly how you feel. I will tell you one thing the twins already did wrong though.'' Then he pointed a finger to the twins and in a mock scolding tone he reprimanded, "You shouldn't have put your mother through such a terrible labor." I laughed remembering how horrible and beautiful it was. Even though it was only last night it felt like an eternity ago.

"Maybe a hard labor means they'll be easy to raise?" I suggested

He considered it for a second before concluding, "Nah, I don't want it to be easy, I want the terrible twos and the rebellious teenage years. I want to want to watch them grow and make mistakes. Just like I want it all with you, I want it all with them," I looked at him in awe.

"Let's not forget about the peanut butter fingerprints either." I added

"Never"

Sorry, I realize these two chapters haven't had much action, but I promise it will get more interesting soon! Thanks for reading and please comment any ideas/suggestions.

-Kate