8. 𝚁𝚞𝚕𝚎𝚜

My hair is still cold and wet, my underwear feels nasty, and my feet are freezing. This is awful. I don't know why I deserve this, but I really cannot stand this place anymore...

I've been sitting down for what feels like forever, my body is tense, frigid and tired. I need to do something. My weak body decides to get itself up from the floor.

I stand and walk over to the door, as close as I can. "Let me out!" I scream and fiddle with the chains. I try to make as much noise as I possibly can, "help!" My voice is hoarse and screaming hurts, but I'm not gonna stop! "Let me fucking out of here! Help!".

I continue for a while before the door opens, but when it does I quickly shut my mouth and take a few steps back. "Please", the man doesn't say anything. I don't get to say another word before another bucket of ice cold water is thrown on me.

A loud cry is immediately heard bouncing off the walls. "Why?" I whimper, but he just shuts the door and I'm left alone again. "Fuck you!" I scream out to the empty room and sit down, defeated.

A few days must have passed, but I'm finally being released. "Don't try something stupid when I release you, I'll be taking you to your room alright?" Venero says and I nod in return.

He opens the chains and takes the blindfold off. My eyes squint at the light in the hallway, "ouch" I say quietly. He grabs my upper arm and gently pulls me out the door. "You've been in there for 48 hours, hope you learnt your lesson?" Only two days? Felt like forever!

I haven't been fed or had anything to drink. I've been blindfolded the entire time, and all they've done is throw ice cold water on me!

I keep my eyes squinted the entire way to my room, the daylight piercing my eyes is unbearable. He opens the door and pushes me inside, "I'll come back for you later, so fix yourself" is all he says before closing the door.

I take a deep breath and try to adjust to the light in my room. My eyes are slowly getting used to it. The bedroom is clean and tidy, seems untouched since I was last here.

I make my way into the bathroom and walk straight to the sink and drink some water. After drinking probably a liter of water I stand back up and am startled when I see my reflection in the mirror.

My face is pale and my eyes are red. My dark circles are prominent and my lips are dry. My body is grey and hunched. My wrist are blue from the chains, and my underwear is wet. I shake my head and undress.

The nice sound of the shower gives me comfort as I quickly step in and let the warm water run down my body. It almost burns, but is very pleasant at the same time.

30 minutes have probably passed when I get out, my body fresh and clean. My eyes wander over my reflection in the mirror, much better. I quickly get dressed and do my hair, knowing he'll probably be here soon. And just as I thought, the door opens as I finish my ponytail, "get down to the kitchen" and the door is closed.

I sigh before making my way to the door. It is so nice to be out of that cellar! As I'm making my way down to the kitchen, my heart starts racing. I cannot wait to see Nelly! My feet scurry down the last steps and I almost run into the kitchen.

There she is, "Nelly!" Her long, black and bouncy hair flows beautifully as she snaps her head at me, "Mathilda! God where have you been?" She says and gives me a hug. "I have no words" I tell her blankly, "Jesus what have they done...". Nelly shakes her head as she gathers strength to tell me that I have to go straight back to work, and I know I do, there are no days off in this place...

"do you think I can have something to eat first, just quickly?" She smiles, "of course! Is a toast okay for now?", I nod. "I can make it myse-", "no" she says sternly. I give her a smile as I watch her gather the items she needs.