I Promised

Issei along with Yasaka stood in front of the temple that was Yasaka's house. In front of them were six heroes with the middle one, their leader, holding Kunou.

 The young girl looked alright though Issei swore that if they had touched even a strand of her hair he would kill them without second thought. 

"Yasaka the oh so powerful fox youkai, it's nice to meet you in person i am Cao Cao" Said the man in the middle and she huffed. "Sorry to break your bubble but your happiness is very one sided" Said Yasaka and Cao Cao laughed. "Sure now come here and trade your life for your daughter's."

Yasaka let out a pained sigh, whether they had a plan or not she still felt some fear for the outcome of this. It was only natural as her daughter was involved. 

All the while Issei's face hadn't changed, he was as stoic as they came and as his eyes traveled they fell on Jeanne and Heracles. 

"Hi cutie! Sorry we had to fool you like that. Cao Cao's orders and all" Said Jeanne with a genuine smile. Out of all she irritated Issei the most. . .a bit too high pitched for his liking. 

"Of course, the only reason you succeeded is because of me" Said a man whom Issei hadn't seen up until now. Dark hair in a bun. . .tall, if he was being generous, and a build that didn't really impress.

Despite them being in broad delight when Issei looked at the dark haired guy he saw no shadow. . . The fact worried him, he had met shadow wielders before and all of them had been extremely powerful. 

"Hello my name is Connal nice to meet you" Said the man and to be honest Issei didn't care about his name all he cared about was his powers. 

Issei looked at the last two people that hadn't introduced themselves, one was a tall male with glasses and brown spikey hair and the other was a male that seemed to be even younger than Issei himself. He had black hair and next to him were giant statues made of stone. 

There was no need to guess what the latter's power was. 

Issei with what he could only see, gazed all of their power levels. None were stronger than him. . .but on could easily do some serious damage. 

"Now enough chatter, it's about time we sewed chaos in the people of the youkai and the supernatural world" Said Cao Cao and Yasaka started walking towards him. 

She smiled at her daughter who ran up to her and hugged her. "You don't have to do this!" Said Kunou and Yasaka smiled at her daughter. 

"Don't worry honey everything will be okay." Said Yasaka. Issei run at Kunou and grabbed her taking her away. "Issei no! You have to help her!" The young girl shouted though was surprised to find a thorough smile on his face. 

With a wink he eased her worries and the two looked back at the older Youkai. 

She was on her knees and Cao Cao had his spear just at the start of her neck. With her death would come the ruination of the Youkai, they wouldn't be able to hide themselves anymore and with their revelation to the human world all would finally come out. 

Destruction would follow. . .in which the heroes would help the humans and destroy in all every other being that opposed them. 

He raised his spear and looked at her. "Sorry it had to end like this, well not really" He said mockingly but his spear would never come down. His eyes widened as he spotted a bunch of talismans on the woman's back. 

All the papers suddenly exploded into black smoke completely changing the balance of power. Everyone was hidden from each other but most of all, Issei was nowhere even close to where he was before. 

Cao Cao looked around, angered at this change of pace and quite surprised to hear his comrades slowly fall apart.  

First came Jeanne who Issei was more than happy to take out. The moment the blonde spotted him she unleashed a flurry of attacks, her sword slashing through the air with precision and grace. Issei, however, swiftly dodged her strikes, his reflexes honed through countless battles.