1

lily evans

BANG

My door crashes open, making my eyes fly open just as fast. I had just been having a very good dream. I was on a unicorn, flying into a gorgeous sunset. I smile at the memory.

My smile quickly faded, however, when I felt the boney hands of my older sister shoving my back harshly.

"Get up, freak, it's nearly noon!" She yelled. She was very good at yelling. One of the few things she was good at.

"Mm, maybe tomorrow." I sigh.

"No, today." She grabbed the edge of my comforter and flung it off of me. I shivered slightly before I grabbed the pillow next to me and flung it in the direction of her voice.

"Gah!" She screamed. I smiled once more at my success. "Lily, wake up, I don't have time for your childish excuses!"

"Why do you want me awake, anyways?" I grumbled, rubbing the crustiness out of my eyes. "You hate me, remember?"

"Because Mum left us a list of chores to do before she gets back home. So wake up and get started on them!" She threw the pillow back at me and quickly stomped out of my room.

I sigh and close my eyes in a feeble attempt to drift back into the happy dream, but what was the point? I knew I'd never be able to fall asleep again.

I flung my exposed legs off the side of my bed and looked out of my window. It was a clear summer morning, and birds were chirping happily outside. They were lucky. They didn't have horse-faced sisters that abused them until they awoke every morning.

I stood up and stretched, then slouched my way over to the mirror. My hair was in tangles around my head, giving the impression I was some sort of fire-lion. My green eyes were only half visible through my droopy eyelids, and the freckles that dotted my face where starting to get darker. They always did in the summer, but I didn't mind.

I grabbed the hair brush from my vanity and attempted to tame my mane, then walked over to my closet. I grabbed a pair of track shorts and an old white tee-shirt that use to be Petunia's. It had some muggle band on it. Might as well dress shabby if I'm doing chores all day.

After dressing, I walked towards the bathroom next door and relieved my full bladder. Nothing like a morning pee, am I right? I wash my hands afterwards and then brushed my teeth with some force. The only thing I hated more than James bloody Potter was morning breath.

Ugh, James Potter. The prick in my year that has made it his life goal to date me. Every other moment he'd rush up to me in the halls with a "Hey, Evans." and try to ask me to Hogsmeade. If his head could get any bigger, it would surely explode. Not that I'd mind.

After spitting and rising as always, I made my dissent down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Petunia was sitting on a kitchen swivel, eating baby carrots and hummus. Rabbit food.

She turned when she heard me walk in. "Geez, it's about time!"

I ignored her remark and made my way over to the refrigerator. The holy grail of the house.

After grabbing the jug of orange juice and closing the fridge, I look over at the small clock against the wall.

10:37

"10:30? Tuney, you lied to me! It's not almost noon!" I slammed the orange juice down on the counter.

She didn't look up from her carrots, but she had a smug grin on her face. "You had to wake up somehow."

"Merlins beard, I can't wait to move out." I grumbled under my breath. She didn't seem to notice, however, because she didn't make a sarcastic remark back at me. I wasn't lying about my statement, though. This upcoming year would be my 7th and final year at Hogwarts, then I would move on. On, hopefully being to become an Auror, maybe even getting married.