4

Above is a visual reference of the lake house and Lily's room! It's not exactly that, but it gives you the idea :)

~

As soon as my feet hit the ground, I saw someone's body curled up on the ground.

Sirius was hunched over on the grass, shaking. Upon closer inspection, though, he was shaking from laugher.

"What- oh, bloody hell, w-what- I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he gasped between laughs. "What are you- are you two playing at?" He pointed at me and James. James' hand flew to his hair.

"You git, Sirius, you heard her at the front door." Marlene kicked him while he was still on the ground. He winced as he started picking himself up.

"You know, I've never had to hold in a laugh for that long. I felt like I was going to pop." He said as he flicked grass off of his shirt.

"I was hoping you would." Marlene scowled playfully at him.

"But I am curious, Lily. Merlin forbid you're so excited to see James that you run up and hug him. What was that all about?" Remus asked, plucking a stray stick out of Sirius's hair.

"Very long story. Let's get inside and I'll tell you, I want to put my stuff down." I said hastily. James was still carrying my suitcase and I had Elle in her cage. She looked very frightened from the journey.

I opened her cage to let her out for the night. She looked at me thankfully and took flight out and over the lake.

About 10 yards from where we were standing was a large house with huge windows and a big chimney on top. There was two floors, and all of the rooms on the second floor had balconies. There was a big porch fit with patio chairs and a grill, and Sirius was sprinting up the stairs. It seemed we had landed in the back yard of the house.

"It's lovely inside, Lils, just wait." Marlene started jogging up the steps and through the back door, where Remus had just walked through.

"After you." James said, without making eye contact. He was being strangely normal, much unlike himself.

I trudged up the stairs and to the porch, and then through the sliding back door. I gasped as I stepped inside.

The room was an open floor plan, and it was huge. The whole wall facing the lake was glass. Inside and in the middle there was a wooden dinner table that could seat at least 10 people, surrounded by white chairs. To the right of that was a fabulous kitchen with finished marble counter tops and an island. On the left side, however, was a large white couch that looked very comfy. Against the wall and across the couch was a beautiful fireplace and mantle piece.

"Damn, Potter, your parents have style." I whispered. He heard me, though.

"It's alright," he shrugged his shoulders. "We don't come here often, but Mum insisted it look nice."

Sirius had plopped himself on the couch, Remus closely following. Marlene came rushing from the kitchen towards James and I.

"I'll show Lily to her room." She hastily grabbed my suitcase from James and ushered me toward the front of the house, where there was a staircase leading to the second floor.

"I have my own room?" I whispered in awe so only Marlene heard me.

"Of course. There's 4 bedrooms. James is taking his parents while Remus and Sirius are sharing James'. They insisted the girl have their own rooms." She informed me as we climbed the steps. "I think James wants you to be comfortable, considering it's you that's staying at his house."