5

up top is a very rough layout drawing, hopefully it can help you guys picture the lake house :)

~

"Rise and shine, Evans!"

I awoke with a jolt and jumped when I felt a large mass hop onto the side of the bed I wasn't sleeping on. I didn't want to open my eyes.

"It's nearly 10, time to start the day!" The voice I recognized as Sirius' said.

"No, I don't think I will." I said groggily. I swung my leg at him from under my covers, making contact with his shin.

"Ouch!" He yelped.

"Is there a pillow fight in here?" I heard a second voice walk into the room.

"There wasn't, but we can change that." Sirius said.

"No!" I protested.

"Here, take this one, Prongs." I felt one of the many pillows that were on the bed get picked up and tossed across the room.

"Lily, I'd grab a pillow if I were you. Sirius doesn't mess around." James warned from the side of the bed.

Before I could sit up and grab my defense, I felt a pillow swing full-on into my face. Not a moment after, I could tell that James had swung his pillow at Sirius. Annoyance flared inside me. Nobody messes with my sleep.

"Seriously?" I yelled, propping myself up on my elbows and opening my eyes finally. The sun was shining into the room through the big glass door.

Looking over at the boys, they stopped mid-swing and were staring at me, like they just got yelled at by a mother. Sirius was still on the bed, and James was at the foot of the bed. There arms dropped quickly when I raised my eyebrows at them.

"Sorry, Lily." James said.

"Sorry Lils." Sirius said at the same time.

"Out now! Let me get ready." I commanded. The two didn't hesitate, and they dropped their pillows on the bed and left quickly.

Why does this always happen to me? Can't I ever get a proper sleep in, one that does require me to wake up before noon? Wouldn't that be nice.

I stepped out of bed and onto the white rug with a yawn, reaching my arms up towards the ceiling to stretch. I grabbed my toiletries bag from the closet. On my way to the door, I scratched under my baggy t-shirt, realizing I didn't have any shorts on, only my unicorn print underwear. I usually don't sleep with pants on, it's hard to fall asleep when I try to. Luckily Sirius hadn't lifted the covers. That would have been awful.

I doubled back into the room and over to the dresser, where I pulled out the pajama pants I had packed, just in case of emergencies. Pulling them on, I stepped out of the room and towards the bathroom across the hall. I could hear voices from downstairs. Everyone was already awake.

I stepped into the restroom and shut the door behind me, then slouched over to the toilet to drain my bladder. Afterwards, I washed my hands, splashed my face with some water, then looked up and into the mirror. My hair was as messy as ever. I looked even sillier with water dripping down my face.

I quickly patted my face dry and then brushed my teeth quickly. I then headed back into my room, dropped my bag off in the closet again, brushed my hair out, hastily put a bra on, then proceeded downstairs.

I went down the hall to see everyone gathered in the kitchen. Marlene was behind the counter while the boys all sat around it. They were all already dressed, chatting while eating breakfast, which looked like waffles. Mmm, waffles.