2

Well, maybe.

For the last few hours, I've been devising a plan.

So I'll ask Mum and Dad if I can go, maybe for a week or so, and they will more than likely say yes. I'll send a return owl to both Potter and Marlene, then start packing to go.

When the other four pick me up and we disapparate to wherever the lake house is, I'll stay for a short time. After this short time is over, I'll head home. That way nobody gets disappointed and I still get to see how Potter's acting.

I sigh and fall into my comfy bed once more. I had been pacing for the last hour or two, barely noticing what I was doing. I'm willing to bet I burned quite a few calories, too.

Was I making a mistake? I sure hope not. Even if I was, a week's worth of annoyance is fine if it makes Marlene happy. Damn you, Marlene, for meaning so much to me.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my front door slamming and the sound of grocery bags.

"Hey, Lily? Petunia? Help me with these groceries, will you?" I heard my mum yell from the main floor. I peeled myself away from my marshmallow of a bed and walked down the stairs.

"Hey Mum." I said. I could barely see her face from behind the groceries as she walked around the kitchen, putting the foods in all of their proper spots.

"Hello, sweetheart. Where's Tuney at?" She asked without looking up at me.

"Out with mammoth- oops, I mean ogre- oops, I mean Vernon." I said sarcastically.

She shot a falsely-stern face at me. "Lily, your sisters very fond of him. You have to be nice." She spoke this to me as if I was one of her first graders. Mum is a teacher, so she has the summers off.

"Sorry, can't help myself." I went around the kitchen island to the other side and started grabbing the rest of groceries and putting them away.

"Honestly, Lils, I don't blame you." She whispered. I giggled.

"So, Mum, I have to-" I started to say.

"Here, pass me that pasta, I'm headed towards the pantry anyways." She cut me off.

"Oh, yeah. Well anyways, I got a letter today from Marlene-" I began again.

"Ooh, did that owl come again? What was its name, Ludo?"

"Hugo, Mum, but that's besi-"

"Oh, Hugo! He's just the sweetest, isn't he?" She gushed.

"Mum! I've been invited to stay at a lake house with Marlene some friends for a bit and I was wondering if I was allowed to!" I said this all very fast, in case she decided to cut me off again.

"Oh, yeah, I don't mind." She stated simply.

Blasted mother, why couldn't you say no?

"Seriously? You're not going to ask me if I'm out with gangs or anything?"

"Of course not. I trust that you're responsible enough to not go out with gangs. How long will you be staying anyways?" she continued.

"Just a week, I think," I said.

"Lovely. Who else is going? Any cute boys?" She looked at me and raised her eyebrows up and down quickly.

Oh, silly Mum.

"Ew, Mum. Never raise your eyebrows like that again," I laugh. "But yes, three other boys, but minus the cute." I thought for a moment about Remus. Though I wouldn't tell anyone, not even Marlene, I secretly saw him quite attractive.