Chapter 4: Fooling No One

I WOKE UP gradually the next morning and tried to figure out why I felt so warm and comfortable. Safe, was as good of a term as any. It was then that I realized I was holding onto my new teddy bear, and someone else was holding onto me. I squirmed a little because I needed to go to the bathroom. I also noticed that my nightgown wasn't covering my panties anymore and then semi-screeched.

Nightgown.

Panties.

Mine.

I felt a gentle squeeze before I could get upset though and Mom said, "Good morning."

"Morning," I said back to her. I felt her move her arm and she pulled my nightgown back down before squeezing me one more time.

"I guess we should get going sweetie, we have a big day of shopping today."

"Shopping?" I asked dumbly.

"Remember?" She asked but looked concerned.

I nodded and looked down at my feet, but caught myself instead looking at the upside-down picture of Merida on the front of my nightgown. She kissed the top of my forehead and said, "I'm going to take a shower and get dressed, and then I want you to do the same."

"Okay... can I go pee first?" I said.

"Sure!"

I hurried into the bathroom and came out quickly after taking care of my urgent need. Mom stood and looked at me before asking, "Do you want me to pick something out for you to wear, or can you do that?"

"Are eight-year-old girls allowed to dress themselves?" I asked sarcastically.

"When they're not back-talking their mommies... I mean older sisters." She said back.

For my part I put on the most angelic face I could and she started giggling. "Pick something out then, I'll let you know if it's a bad choice."

I went through the sacks of clothes we had bought and really wanted to wear a pair of shorts and a normal t-shirt, or at least one of the more normal looking ones... But I sighed and looked instead at a purple skirt with butterflies all over it, and tried to figure out what shirt would go with it. Either I stared for a really long time at my choices, or Mom was really quick in the shower because she came up and asked, "Are you trying to decide what to wear with that?"

I nodded.

"How about this top?" She asked while holding up a light pink top with more butterflies on it.

"Okay, that was one of the ones I thought might go with it." I sheepishly admitted.

"Well, this white top would probably work too... And this spaghetti strap top would work too..." She held the others up to me too.

"I think the pink one looks best." I admitted.

She smiled at me and pointed towards the bathroom, "Be quick please," she told me.

RAIMONDO DROVE UP to his house wondering why the hell his wife hadn't answered any of the phones. "I'm going to teach that bitch a lesson for good if she keeps this shit up," he grumbled as he pulled into the driveway and pressed the garage door opener.

'Her car isn't there...' He noticed, 'well I'll just have to wait and teach her when she gets back. Dad's going to be pissed when he finds out I came home before everything was done up there... But I can take care of this shit and get back up there to finish figuring out what's going on tomorrow.'

Ray looked around the house and went up to their room to take a shower. Something wasn't right...

'Why the hell is the closet open?' he grumbled, 'Probably that wussy son of mine was playing some weird game again. I really should send him to Greg's so he'll spend some time with his boys... Maybe they'll make him man up.'