Chapter 6: Jealousy

The following morning, the boys prepared themselves for a dress rehearsal and sound check after unpacking in the hotel room. Namjoon had told Gianna and Mary to explore the city as they would be busy with an interview after rehearsal. As a sorry for not being able to spend time with them, Namjoon gave Mary a $1,000 gift card to spend wherever she wanted to.

"Namjoon. You don't have to give me money as a sorry."

"No please, take it," he said, "I would feel terrible if you didn't."

"Ok but don't expect me to spend much of it."

"That's ok. It's your money now."

The girls head off to the mall nearby to shop for souvenirs and have a drink. As they walked around the mall, multiple girls stared at Mary and gave her dirty looks. She was disturbed by the rudeness of everyone.

"Gianna, have you noticed people staring at me?"

"I told you not to wear that outfit. It calls too much attention with the neon shirt."

Mary giggled but continued her remark, "No, Gianna. I don't think it's my outfit. People are giving me dirty looks."

"Is it that obvious that we're not from here?"

"Maybe, I'm not sure. Eh, whatever. People are weird."

The girls ordered their drinks and sat down in the mall food court to enjoy them. As they chat about what they might want to buy, a group of teens whispered to themselves as they pointed at Mary. Gianna noticed them too and she yelled at the girls, "Take a picture! It'll last longer." One of the girls yelled back, "You're not even that pretty!" and then they walked away.

"That was weird," Gianna said.

"Yeah, what was that all about?" Mary replied.

"Man, are people from around here just rude to those from other places?"

"I don't know man. I've had a weird feeling with people staring at me all day. And then those girls basically called me ugly!"

"They're just teenagers jealous of your beauty. Don't take it personally."

The girls finished their drinks as they walked around the mall. They decided to enter a nearby Nordstrom to check out their dresses and heels. Gianna looked through the dresses but Mary's attention was caught by some shirts in the men's section. "Hey Gianna," Mary called out to her, "I'm going to check out the men's section and see if I can find a nice shirt for my dad." "Ok," Gianna replied, "I'll be here looking at the dresses."

As Mary looked through the various shirts in the men's section, a young man approached her.

"Excuse me young lady, do you require assistance?"

The man wasn't wearing a name tag so he didn't work there. Mary thought to herself "He's probably trying to be helpful."

"No thank you sir. I'm just looking at these for my dad," she said and kindly smiled at the man.

"Well I'll be darned. I'm looking for my dad as well! Let's help each other."

Mary nervously laughed and respectfully said, "No, I'm ok really. I would rather be left alone if you don't mind."

The young man smirked at Mary and told her, "Oh, playing hard to get I see," as he placed his hand on Mary's waist.

"What the f*ck dude?!" she yelled as she pushed his hand away from her.

"Is it because I don't have money or fame? I can be just as good as him, if not better!"

Mary was taken aback by his comment but then realized what was going on. He was talking about Namjoon and he must've found out about her through the post they made the night before.