Chapter 18: Leave or Stay?

*Time skip ahead about a month*

As time went by, Mary and Namjoon got to explore the city a bit further now that they weren't swarmed by paparazzi or crazy fangirls. They were having a pleasant time getting to know each other on a deeper level than they had while on tour. Everything was going perfectly! Namjoon was even able to walk without his cane and he supervised some of the boys' rehearsals but he still had loads of time off to recover and focus on his physical therapy. However, he still needed another couple months to fully heal and be able to dance again.

Mary had been away from home for a long time and with everything that had been going on, she still hadn't reconnected her phone service since she left and was off the grid from everyone in America for about two months. Namjoon and Haru took Mary to a phone service in Korea so she could change her plan to international and be able to connect with Gianna and her family back home. Once they returned to the dorm after getting that settled, Mary had loads of missed calls, voicemails, and emails from her parents, school, and work.

Gianna was concerned about her wellbeing because she had left so abruptly but then when the Felix scandal happened, she got even more concerned until it was resolved so Gianna knew she was ok and in good hands. Her parents knew about her situation through Gianna and they were also understanding about her leaving so suddenly to be with Namjoon. Lastly, she had school and her job to worry about. She had skipped far too many classes and assignments to pass the semester and she had been expelled and would have to reapply for the following school year if she wanted to return. She was also fired from her job and needed to look for a new one when she got back home. Her rent was also overdue (as she hadn't been living there for two months) and her landlord had given her an eviction notice for the end of the month and the month was already halfway over. She was having such a marvelous time with Namjoon that she didn't consider the consequences of leaving everything behind.

After reading and responding to messages, she called Gianna and her parents to tell them everything. She then proceeded to share everything she had found out about her life back home with Namjoon who noticed that Mary was concerned that her life was going to be a huge mess when she got back.

"Why don't you just stay here?" Namjoon asked her.

Mary looked at him and her eyes widened as she spoke.

"You mean stay here in Korea?"

"You have everything you need here. It seems like going back home would just make your life more difficult."

"But what about my parents, Gianna, and my career? I know I got kicked out but I want to finish my degree and use it."

"Take online school and finish while you're here. It'll be cheaper anyway."

"Ugh, don't even remind me about having to pay my loans back now that I got kicked out."

Mary buried her face in frustration. Namjoon began thinking about how he could help her out and then he had an idea.

"Tell you what," Namjoon began, "I'll pay back your student loans and the two months of rent you missed in full as your Christmas gift."

"Namjoon," Mary replied, "I can't accept that. It's far too much money. You know I don't like taking money from you. I haven't even touched that $1000 gift card you gave me back in America."

"I know Mary, but I want to help you in some way. If you won't move here, at least let me help you make your life a little easier back in America."

Mary didn't want to accept his offer but she knew it would take a huge load off her back and her parents. She reluctantly accepted his offer and thanked him for his generosity.