Chapter 11

The next day, Merlin woke up and stretched, making a soft noise. He hopped into the shower and made sure to clean himself up nicely. Ever since he had accepted his interest in Arthur, he had been wanting to dress up for him; to look his best. He brushed his teeth and his eyes wandered over his reflection in the mirror. They were immediately drawn to the many dark marks that completely littered his skin from Arthur the previous day. It brought a smile to his lips.

"This could be problematic to cover." Merlin smiled and he grabbed Arthur's sweatshirt he had taken from him and pulled it on. He immediately felt comforted in the bigger clothing and he adjusted the collar of the hoodie to help hide some of his neck though it was nearly impossible to hide all of it. He shrugged and pulled on some well-fitting jeans making sure his hair was looking it's best. He grabbed his phone and headed down the stairs to grab his backpack.

Arthur had woken up and made his usual breakfast and coffee before his shower. He pulled on some simple black slacks and a cream button up, but this time he decided to wear a tie. He sprayed some cologne before he gathered all his materials and made his way to the school. He made his way into the classroom and turned on the light, preparing everything for the morning. He knew Merlin was due to walk in any second.

Merlin made it into the school building and grabbed everything he needed from his locker before heading straight to Arthur's room. He felt a nervous bubble build up in his stomach, anxious for the conversation Arthur and him were due to have. He stepped into the room and set his bag down, smiling to Arthur.

"Good morning, Arthur," he said softly and let his gaze wander over him, before walking over.

Arthur looked over to Merlin and smiled a bit. "Good morning, Merlin. I've told you plenty of times not to call me Arthur in public." He walked towards him. "How was your night?"

Merlin quickly looked to Arthur when he heard the slight stern tone in Arthur's voice but he didn't comment back, instead, he smiled. "Informational, but a tad uneventful," he answered with a curious glint in his eyes. "How was yours?"

"Mine was good. Thinking of you," he responded softly, looking him over. "You look great in that hoodie."

Merlin smiled as he looked down at the hoodie and then back to Arthur. "Thanks. It makes me feel cute and small, too." He smiled brightly. "I'll need to thank the person that gave it to me properly one of these days." A laugh rang out from him.

Arthur smiled widely. "I can think of a way to thank him."

Merlin let his eyes slowly trail over Arthur. "You look very handsome today." He reached out and ran a finger over Arthur's tie. "Ties really suit you." He pulled his hand back, so they wouldn't get caught.

Arthur watcher Merlin's hand and raised his brow. "Maybe if you come over tonight, I'll use it on you." He grinned.

Merlin smiled softly. "I might have to take you up on that, sir." He grinned a bit and walked over to his desk, leaning against it and facing Arthur. He glanced at the door, but it was still early yet.

Arthur smiled wider when he heard the name and nodded. "Great. And my place from now on. I don't need your mother walking in one day."

Merlin blushed at the momentary reminder, quickly nodding in agreement. "Yes, that was a little embarrassing. I'm just glad she didn't try to have a talk with me after you left." He shook his head. "Your house, it is."

Arthur couldn't help but chuckle as he nodded. "Yeah, I was waiting for her to kick me out," he joked. "Plus, my house equals a lot more ways to play." A playful smirk reached his lips.

Merlin laughed a little bit but watched Arthur when he heard him. He bit down on his lip and smiled slightly at the thought. "Maybe, I'll be able to listen more today."