症状 •|• Symptoms

"Don't try to look so wise,
Don't cry 'cause you are so all right
Don't dry, with fakes or fears..
'Cause you will hate yourself in the end.."

And as the tears fell on her baby's face , she bid her goodbye and threw her to the foxes , dissapearing in the dark as the invincible paper spell activated.

The foxes sobs trailed off as they dissapeared to the untouched forest.

She laughed as her head flew away bashed , relieved that her daughter didn't see her execution.

"Kieri-chan,"

"Live,"

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Oyakata-sama , Oyakata-sama.!" Frantic noises yelled from the corridor , waking the entire household.As young Oyakata woke up from his nap and get up from his futon , he quickly opened the door to see one of his kakushis , with tears streaming from the edge of their eyes.

Oyakata's gaze casted down on a muffled crying on the kakushi's arms , revealing a week old baby clinging for their dear life on the kakushi's veil.

Their cry slowly filled the entire room , making the young Oyakata slump to the doorframe when the realization engulfed him.

"Is that..?"

Amane , Oyakata's newlyweds wife appeared from the next room , eyes widened as she saw the baby and her husband leaning on the doorframe.The towel on her arms fell down to the warm tatami , soon wet by droplets of cold tears.

The baby's screaming filled the heart throbing silence , soon followed by Amane and kakushi's sobbing.

"Eri-san...Keiji-san...?"

Oyakata could only lean on the doorframe , taking the baby to his arms gently , the kakushi letting it go with hesitation as the warmth of the baby lingers on his arms.

The foxes by the snowy yard bowed their head in respect and grief , engulfed in the sorrow wrapping the painful silence.One of them speaks as Oyakata embraced the baby tighter gently , lips pursed to thin line.

"They named her Kieri," The fox mourned , backing up after said.The crows around soon gathered in crowds around the trees , watching from afar.Kakushis appeared one by one and stood behind each other , mourning.

It was not an unfamiliar name for them.

It's the name their closest pillar and her husband had always wanted to name their child with.

"Hm..? Our child? Ooh , i think I'm going to name him with something using K..."
She chuckled , gently stroking her tummy.

Her husband flicked her forehead.

"How are you so sure that it's a boy?" He soon stiffled a laugh,  as he saw his wife's adorable pout.

"Mmm...not really sure..Well if it's a girl I'm going to call her Kieri! Like..That has your romaji name and my romaji name in it!" She swung her legs by the porch , staring far away through thousand of downpouring snowflakes.