Changes

Jack's POV

Eugene was gone for a whole week. It was kind of nice, not gonna lie. I love the guy and all for taking me in when no one else would, but I had enough of him looking at Elsa. I could tell that she was happy in his absence as well. I knew she didn't like him very much, and without Eugene here, Elsa seemed a lot more relaxed. I didn't even have to punish her for the whole week.

At one point in the week I sat down with Elsa and got her to tell what Eugene had said to her. I was both grossed out and in shock. Eugene is a disgusting scumbag p*rvert to any girl he meets, so, looking back, I didn't really understand why I was in shock in the moment. I think I was just so angry with him that my brain just snapped. 

"He.....said......WHAT?!" I said slowly getting louder and more angry. I couldn't even bring myself to repeat the things in my head. Elsa started shaking in fear. My rage overtook my brain and all I could think about was getting back at Eugene for this. "I swear I am going to KILL him when he gets back." I said. We talked for a little while, and then the door opened. We looked over to see who it was. 

Eugene came through to door, dragging a blonde girl behind him. I didn't really understand who it was, but I did recognize her from somewhere. Then it hit me. I saw her in a cage from where I got Elsa. Maybe it was because she was curled up on the ground, but I didn't notice her hair was very long. It was all in a messy braid. She made eye contact with Elsa, and I could tell that they knew each other. I told Elsa to take the new girl upstairs because they had to share a room. Eugene went to the bathroom, and I just stayed in place, trying to process all that had happened today. I needed to talk to the girls, and Eugene. When he came back, I decided to call the girls back downstairs.

When they came down here, the girl hid behind Elsa. I wonder what Eugene had said to her on the way here. I just thought that it would be easier to just start asking questions. "Elsa, do you two know each other?" I started off with something simple. Elsa answered, "Y-yes. We have known each other for.....umm....how long Rapunzel?" she asked the other girl. Ok, learning things. Her name is Rapunzel, and she knows Elsa. Rapunzel was hiding behind Elsa, and whispered something in her ear. Elsa spoke up again. "Right! 8 years. We were captured together on the same day, and our cages were near each other as well.". They were both clearly nervous, but Elsa seemed to be getting along just fine. "Did you two ever talk to each other Rapunzel?" Eugene asked. He was trying to get her to talk herself. "Umm....n-n-no.... they w-wouldn't let u-us t-t-talk at all." Rapunzel stammered. She was just like Elsa when she first came here. I needed to talk to Eugene alone. "Elsa, come here." I said. She just seemed to blank out and didn't move at all. 

"Elsa, come here now." I started to sound a little more aggressive. She started walking slowly over to me. "Sit. I'll be back to talk to you in a minute." I said to her. "Rapunzel, go back upstairs. I'll come get you later." Eugene said to Rapunzel. She glanced back at Elsa again, then slowly walked up the stairs to their room. Eugene and I went to our room.

"Ok, let's start off with..... WHAT THE H*LL WHERE YOU THINKING?!" I yelled, not loud enough for the girls to hear us though. "What do you mean?" Eugene asked all innocent. "Don't play dumb with me. Let's start with what you said to Elsa." I said angrily. "Oh, right. That little detail. It was just a joke Jack, calm down! I wasn't being serious!" Eugene said. "You are a terrible liar, you know that right?" I said. "Also, what's up with you buying someone from that place?" I was a bit calmer in asking that. "I told you I thought Rapunzel was beautiful and I felt guilty for taking her in the first place. I've had my eye on her for a while, and I finally decided to take action. I bought the girl without a second though 2 days ago." Eugene explained. "Ok then. Quite an interesting story that will have to wait for another time. I don't have the time to deal with this right now. I have to go talk to Elsa, see ya." I said and walked out. 

I walked downstairs and saw Elsa right where I left her. I went and sat down next to her. "I didn't want to do this in front of Rapunzel." I started. I could tell she was scared, but I continued to talk anyways. "Do you know why Rapunzel's hair is so long? I kinda need some backstory if I'm going to understand your relationship." I wanted answers, and though scared of me, Elsa had them. "She tried to run away once. As punishment to make sure she wouldn't do it again, Gothel banned her from haircuts at all. She was kind of lucky considering the fact that they always do a sh*ty job of cutting our hair. Mine is a horrible wreck from it actually." she said. I was surprised when I didn't hear a single stutter. Elsa normally can't form one single whole word around us. Maybe having another female presence helps or something?

"Pull your hair down. I want to see it." I said. She cautiously took in down. Part of it went down to her waist, the other went to the middle of her back, and the last piece overlapped in the middle and went to about the bottom of her should blades. It was no lie, and beautiful as her hair was, the lengths were just a hot mess. "Good, turn around." I ordered. She listened and turned around. I got up, and she looked over her shoulder to see me coming back with the scissors I grabbed. She jumped a bit and scooted back away from me on the couch. 

"W-w-what are you doing?!" she asked sounding scared. I couldn't blame her, I mean, I was coming up behind her with a pair of scissors so she had a reason. "Relax, I'm just going to cut your hair to even it out. I'm not going to make it any worse." I explained. "And you've d-done this before?" she asked. "Yes. When I was a kid, I had a little sister I had to take care of. I cut her hair all the time because our mother wouldn't, and our father was out of the picture." I said while trying to even out her hair so I could cut it more easily. I didn't realize how much I had actually just told her about my life. Elsa was so easy to talk to. I wonder why. I realized that I only punished her once, and I haven't since. After a bit of thinking, I took one snip of the scissors.

Hey guys! What do you think of this chapter? I spent a bit longer of time on this one, so I hope it's good. Will we ever know what Eugene actually said to Elsa? WHO KNOWS!!!!!!!! 

Love ya snowflakes!