Prepositions and Postpositions*

*In the metaphorical value, not the grammatical one

An ideal is not the same as an idea,

But they share the same brief,

Thinking gets us far enough,

Emotions get us near.

Before, After, Now.

And forever.

Except

.

Marcus

Time and space are two of the most important things in this universe. Time is always ticking, a constant sense of fear embedded into humans that it'll run out. The more time that runs out, the closer we are to death, the end of all time as we know it. Instead, we become objects in a wispy hollow, floating around for an infinite amount of time. However, life is finite. Done. But the worst thing about it is that as humans, we expect to die eighty years into our lives. That's a problem though. We can die tomorrow. Maybe the world will explode or someone will start a third world war, ending us all. I live like I have my whole life in front of me. Apollo lives like he could die tomorrow.

Living like you can die tomorrow doesn't necessarily mean that you're jumping out of planes and going on hot air balloons, desperately trying to get everything on a bucket list gone as soon as possible. Rather, it means that you live completely free, like you're gliding in the air, not letting gravity stop you. It's knowing what exact thing you want, that goal almost within reach at all times. Apollo knew how to live like that, I didn't. I admired it, but I didn't understand how he could live like that so flawlessly.

Space is also an important part of life. The societal constructs around you makes you who you are more than anything. Space can mean literal space, but it can also mean the setting that you live in. The space around you, the never ending land with corners to explore. You could embrace it, but you could also choose to move and get the hell out of a place. Certain countries let you do certain things. The rules are different. Some spaces allow you to live a certain way, others don't. It's sad, but it's true.

The space of mind in my head was more important to me than the actual space I was in though. The constructs I had in there were made from things I got from society, but ended up outweighing them all together. Sometimes that's good because it helps me follow my gut, but most of the time, it just holds me back. There's things that I think I should be doing, but I can't. Rather than helping myself, I just constantly see the things that other people around me are doing, but I fail to do.

One of those things is having a purpose. I was looking for any opportunity to find one, even though I kept losing myself through this. Apollo's trip really helped me though. Even if it was a one day thing, I was going to be making an impact on someone else's life for once. I knew this museum meant a lot to Apollo. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been making trips to home depot left and right, trying to get different paint samples and the doorknobs to replace the ones on the bathroom there. It was sweet, really. I didn't realize someone could care about a place so much. I don't know what happened there to make Apollo care so much, but it was something special day. I hope one day I'm lucky enough to know exactly what.

Kadance was going to be coming on the trip too. He was going to drive down in his car, and then join Jinx, Kyra, and I in Apollo's after. When I said that we should hang out, I didn't exactly mean this, but whatever. I'm trying to adapt to the world around me, just letting the events flow. I guess I didn't want Apollo to think I didn't have any friends either. He did say they could take all the hands they get. Kadance was a hard worker, he always was. He used to go to the baseball field to practice left and right. If nothing, he would get a lot of work done. Plus, we'd get a chance to be friends again, no distractions and empty voids to fill this time.