Chapter 3: The Understanding

Just before you went to bed that night, you entertained Loona's thoughts on your art skills and made a few more drawings of her. When you were done, you grabbed the papers and placed them in the backpack you carry to work and went to sleep.

When you woke up, you forgot about the whole incident that happened yesterday. But when you woke up just a little bit more, you remember it like it was, well, yesterday... because it was.

You felt the cheek where Loona kissed you on. Right away, you clench your fists out of excitement and jump out of bed. Before leaving your bedroom, you got dressed and grabbed your backpack along with you. You start the morning with nothing because you don't really do breakfast. What you did start the morning with, however, is look at your phone watching funny videos.

Unexpectedly, Loona pulled up in your driveway. Though you forgot that you left your car at work, she didn't.

Jesus, what the fuck is taking this asshole so long? She thought to herself while resting her snout on the steering wheel.

Finally, you appear to leave your home with your backpack on, making sure the door behind you is locked. You turn to see a familiar car in your driveway. Next, you see Loona driving the latter. "Loona?"

You become flushed at this sight, and you slowly approached her. You also became nervous, and you hoped that she didn't take that in a bad way. Because you were nervous, you didn't get in the car as intended, and Loona yelled "get in, idiot!"

You stood in attention and got in the car as she told you to, making sure to toss your backpack in the back seat.

"Why do you always bring a backpack with you? Like, what do we even do at work that requires you to have so much shit?" She snarled.

"uh- so- uh-... what if I leave something at work that I actually need at home as well?"

"Wouldn't that just make it harder on you to- ugh, nevermind." She rolls her eyes and proceeds to pull out of the driveway.

On the way to work, she stops to get a cup of coffee. After she named her order in the drive-thru, she asks "do you want anything, dear?"

omg omg, she called me "dear"!

Since you did not want her to grow impatient, you just say "uh, whatever you're having"

You and Loona pull up to IMP Headquarters. Loona turned the keys to the off position and the car and death metal that came with it came to a halt. Loona said "you go ahead first. I'll wait here a little longer so it will look less... suspicious."

"Ok." You say, and you grabbed your coffee from its holder. Loona stops you one last time. "Wait."

She grabs your backpack from the back seat. "Here..."

"Oh, thanks."

She raises her index finger. "And." She lands a kiss, and this time, it was on your mouth.

The wider your eyes went, the harder you blushed. And your face was as red as a tomato. Eventually, her lips let go of yours, and she said "have a nice day"

Your shoulders raised upward and you giggled. "Ok."

"Are you always gonna act like a goofball every time I kiss you? Jeez, get over it."

"I'm sorry," you say, and she smiled. You then got out of the car finally, put on your backpack, and headed to the office.

You open the door to IMP Headquarters and you see Blitzo just on the other side once more. "Hey! How's my hard worker doin'!?"

"it's... alright." You smirked.

"Here, do all this shit while I'm in my office jerking off!" He hands you a stack of paper that was half the size of you. You grunted and your legs shook because of how heavy it was.

Struggling to make it to the receptionist's office, you see that your coworkers have received the same treatment.

"Where does he even get all this homework anyway? Some of this isn't even related to our business!" Moxxie complains.

"Yeah, where's Loona when ya need her?" Millie says.

At a seemingly calculated time, Loona appears at the doorframe. "What the fuck?" She then looks at her desk to find that she, too, had a comically-large stack of papers that Blitzo gave her. She growls. "Oh, Goddammit!"

She sat down with force and pulled the papers to her side:

All three of you just sat there in shock. When she was finished, she picked up the stack of papers and sat them next to the empty fish tank. "About time you did your job." Moxxie remarks with his arms crossed.

"Fuck you. You're the one who's not finished."

Moxxie becomes so red out of anger that even his eyes turn red, "You know what? I can't take this 'assault' right now. I need to blow off some fucking steam!"

"Hey, that's my line!" Loona yells.

"I don't care who's line it is!!" He storms off.

"Mox, wait!" Millie says chasing after him.

An awkward silence ensued between you and Loona. However, Loona didn't take it as awkward because she was too busy on her phone with her feet propped on the desk. Loona treats you like a mother. As though it is a 'take your kid to work' day... Every day. Until now, you did not realize that you had the collection of drawings you made overnight still in your backpack.

So, you braced yourself once more and asked "L-Loona?"

she raised one of her ears in attention. "mm?"

You blush and turn your head away "I made you more drawings."

she lays her hand out. "hand 'em."

You unzipped your backpack and took out the drawings and did just that. Slowly, she flipped through the few pages and she went "holy shit"

You blushed harder. As you didn't know what "holy shit" meant exactly, you ask "uh, do you like them?"

Loona blushed herself. "Are you kidding me? These are the best fucking things I've ever seen. Better than what my dad draws me." She looks up at the drawing of her and Blitzo covering the hole in the wall. "It's not like I care, though. If that's what you're thinking," she says.

You become more comfortable expressing your opinions to her. "er, I think you do, though. At least, you care more about it than the hole in the wall." You then point your hand to the papers behind you next to the couch. "Perhaps that's why you used it than, say, one of these hundreds of pieces of paper behind me."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I do care. A little bit, at least." Loona says as she rests her head on her hands. She then says "I don't know why I am the way I am. You are actually a very sweet person."

Again, you blush. "Oh, thank you."

"You better not tell anyone I said that!"

"No, no. I won't. I promise."

"Good. I trust you."