Dark's Plan

Anti was right to leave when he did. Not a few hours later, did the cops come to his door. Apparently a neighbor HAD recognized him and called the law.

Jackie was at the scene when they arrived but without a warrant, they couldn't break in. HE could, though.

As soon as the police left, Jackie snuck in the backyard through one of the windows. There was clear evidence of Anti having been there. He nearly gagged in disgust seeing the mac 'n cheese pizza that the kids undoubtedly enjoyed.

'Doesn't look like there was any sign of distress, though' he walked around and kept searching, being careful as to not alert anyone outside just in case a cop was doing a stake-out.

As he searched room after room, he found the basement but there wasn't anything important down there. Nothing that made him assume anything bad ever happened down there. Then he crossed into the garage when he got back upstairs and found the stolen car USED to kidnap the kids. He searched the car, naturally but nothing was there.

His panic was rising. If he didn't find something quick, he was screwed.

He crossed into the living room and kitchen again, finding the broken TV.

'Anti must have lost his temper when he saw me on the news. That might have been when he left with the kids. If he hadn't killed Marvin, did he take him with him again, too?'

His question was answered when he came into the guest bedroom and found a litter box in the corner. He then realized what Anti had done to Marv.

'You sick fuck . . . you actually turned him into a cat!? But how?! Surely Marvin didn't willingly turn himself into a cat on his orders?'

There was a lot more questions building up and he had to try and calm himself down before his adrenaline knocked back up again.

'He's not here which means Anti must have taken him with him and the kids. Must not have been hard, either. At least I can relax a little knowing Anti FED the kids. He couldn't have eaten all of that shite by himself. And if the kids were really in trouble, they would have screamed and cried out for help, right?'

He could only hope.

Jackie did a once through of the house one more time before sighing heavily to himself.

He had to realize that once again . . .. he had no leads to where they could be.

'Chase is gonna kill me for sure. I fucked up everything. Not only are the kids and Marvin gone but now our secret's out, too.' Jackie could only feel that heavy feeling deep in his chest. The feeling he hated more than anything.

Defeat.

Anti stood before Dark with the kids at his side and the cat crate in his arms. The glitch almost felt a little pissed that Dark didn't seem surprised to see him.

Dark did look tired though and looked down at the kids who yawned, too disoriented to realize what was going on, "You dare. . .. to come HERE of all places?"

Anti shrugged, "Yeah, why? You gonna kick me and the brats out?"

"I could call the Spider-man knock-off and Chase and have them come retrieve their family from you"

"You wouldn't" Anti seemed sure of himself, "Now let us in, it's cold out here. You don't want the brats to get sick, do ya?"

". . . . . . I hate you" but he stepped aside to let Anti and the kids in.

Kallie sniffled, holding onto her older brother, "Where are we?"

"My home. It seems Anti CAN'T take care of you himself and has dumped you off to me" Dark put it bluntly.