What are you scared of?

Let me ask you a question, what are you scared of? Blood? Loss? The ocean? Or the monster under your bed? Whatever your answer may be, remember: A creepypasta needs a concept.
I can't believe I'm saying this but, let's see Jeff the killer for example. The story's concept is Tragedy. Jeff moves to a new hostile environment, gets attached, his brother goes to jail, and gets set on fire. All throughout the story Jeff is victimized and his family refuses to help him cope, which leads to him going insane and killing his family.
Another example is Slenderman. We know very little about him, but we know the concept: The fear of the unknown. Think of Slenderman's most iconic feature: his lack of facial features. Imagine you are in a forest when you see Slendorman. "He's there starring at you. You can feel it you it! But what is he thinking? What is he gonna do to you? You don't know, but it can't be good."  We as humans rely on communication, teamwork and empathy as our basic survival skills. From the time we are babies we learn to understand different faces as meaning different things: They are smiling so they must be happy! But when something has one or no facial expressions it scares us. Because we see it as ruthless and unfeeling.
So, the best way to start a story is by asking your self a very important question: What are you scared of?

Always remember: "The cat died knowing."