Chapter 3

Aubrey's Pov

I fucked up bad, and I knew it. All-day long Ava's been giving me the silent treatment. It was like she could see the guilt in my eyes as soon as I looked at her. I don't know what I was thinking last night with Raven. I knew I should've just dropped Cam off and kept ongoing, but no, I had to flirt with her and kiss her, knowing that it never ends with just kissing between us. When I walked out her door the plan was to get in my car and drive straight home to Ava, but that magnetic pull that we seem to have on each other pulled me right back in. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my night with Raven, but I regret it. I don't want to hurt Ava. Just because we don't have the history that Raven and I share, that doesn't mean that I don't care about her, and seeing that look in her eyes made me feel like shit. Lies and secrets fucked up my last relationship, and I don't want history to repeat itself so I know what I have to do.

I stepped into the gym to talk to Ava. She's been in there for the past hour so I'm guessing she's working out some aggression. I guess she heard someone come in because she looked up from the treadmill. When she saw that it was me she rolled her eyes. I manned up and walked over to her. "We need to talk."

As soon as I said that her finger pressed down on the stop button bringing the machine to a slow halt. Ava got off the machine grabbing a towel to wipe the sweat from her chest as she stared me down. "Does this have anything to do with you coming home at 5:00 A.M when you were supposed to have been dropping off your son at his mother's?" she asked. I knew that was the reason I was getting this attitude from her. "What happened, Aubrey?"

"I was with Raven," I confessed straight up. I could lie, but I see where that's gotten me in the past.

Ava looked shocked, I guess she wasn't expecting me to admit to it so easily. "I take it you two did more than just talk?" She asked and I told her the truth, that I had sex with my ex-fiancé.

I was mentally preparing myself for a slap, but instead, she looked away looking like she wanted to cry. "I'm only telling you this because I want to be honest with you."

"Yes, and I'm glad you're being honest, but that doesn't take away from the fact that you cheated on me right after you promised that I wasn't a rebound." She shouted at me.

"And you're not." I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her closer to me. She still wasn't trying to look at me, but I needed her to listen. "What happened last night was a mistake, I know that now, and I promise you that nothing like this will ever happen again."

Ava sighed and finally looked up at me. I could by the look in her eyes that she was beginning to give in to me. "Seriously Aubrey, how do you expect me to respond right now? What is it that you want from me, Aubrey?"

"I want you to know that I'm sorry and for you to forgive me. I could've stayed with Raven, but I'm not, 'cause that's not where I want to be." I placed my hand on her chin, tilting her head up to kiss her lips. Just when it was getting good Ava pulled back.

"Does she know about me?" She asked immediately.

"She will when I tell her today." I tilted my head to kiss her once more but she dodged my lips and put her hand up.

"So you're going back over to her place?" Ava's arms folded in front of her as she glared at me.

"I can at least tell her face to face, I owe her that much," I told her. I couldn't just call Raven and tell her that I have a girlfriend... well at least not after last night.

"Okay, I understand, but understand this. If you mess up again, I'm gone." Ava pecked my lips and started to walk out of the room, but ended up stopping at the door. "Oh and I want to meet her," she said before disappearing down the hall.